PDA

View Full Version : anyone else get this?

pinkpenny1uk
08-02-07, 20:16
hi,
i have over the last few days expereinced a funny symptom and wondered if anyone else has ever had something like this, if its anything to worry about or just part of my anxiety.
i keep getting a funn y pain in my lung area. its mostly on the left and feels like something is stuck (like when u get something stuck in your throat). i also get a lot of achiness between my shoulders. of course the first thing that sprang to mind was lung cancer.... this then set me off panicking.
i also suffer from acid reflux and i'm not sure if this can be a symptom of that. any help or advice would be most welcome.

many thanks in advance

penny x

tt
08-02-07, 21:57
I have pain in between my shoulder blades very bad and also have had that same pain you have had. And I thought the same and ran to the walk - in clinic who told me to get x-rays at which I did and all was well. To this date I get the pain on the one side and worry a little but no so much because it is muscle tension related. Once I change my thoughts in that direction is goes away.
I have had to have my husband rub really hard on that spot to release the muscle. Massage therapist have also confirmed it is muscle.
Dam those muscles can really hurt and make you worry!

TT:)

TT:)

cattttt
08-02-07, 22:24
Aci d reflux is not a symptom of lung cancer and neither is pain at the start, if you get to the pain stage, you already know you've got
it. Far more lilely to be muscle strain, but not to us panicers ay?
Whatever you've got, it isn't lung cancer penny.

Jaco45er
10-02-07, 15:03
The left side? the stomach sits far up on the left side, higher than most imagine. Possibly indigestion, high anxiety can turn the stomach upside down, and you can get trapped wind all over the chest.

Doc told me once that wind can move around the heart etc giving all kinds of aches and pains.

I used to get the pain between the shoulders alot, I didn't realise until I read about it, that I was constantly walking around with my shoulders tensed up and not relaxed, hence the achy back/shoulder feeling.

Just a thought :)

Hope you feel better soon.

Jaco