PDA

View Full Version : General anxiety

Blairsmum2003
02-09-15, 13:19
Hi I suffer from this and my symptoms are getting worse my new sympton is feeling cold all the time read up on general anxiety and it said this was one of the symptoms any advice would be great

AnxiousM
02-09-15, 13:26
I think one of the biggest pieces of advice is to stop reading up on symptoms. As you are anxious you will be more hypersensitive to ticks, pains and little changes in body function. It has got a bit cooler over the past few days, try not to worry about it. If you are anxious you may be losing out on a little sleep and if you're tired again you may get a little cold.

It's hard, I know, try to get passed it and keep your mind as occupied with as much as you can.

Dan1975
02-09-15, 23:13
Hi I suffer from this and my symptoms are getting worse my new sympton is feeling cold all the time read up on general anxiety and it said this was one of the symptoms any advice would be great
Hi,

You need to accept your symptoms. Your struggle against them and your desire to rid yourself of them is the problem. The more you struggle the worse they get - it's like quicksand. Accept them (genuinely accept them) and see what happens. The results can be instant with genuine acceptance.

Dan

Tando
03-09-15, 00:39
Hi,

You need to accept your symptoms. Your struggle against them and your desire to rid yourself of them is the problem. The more you struggle the worse they get - it's like quicksand. Accept them (genuinely accept them) and see what happens. The results can be instant with genuine acceptance.

Dan

It sounds too simple to be true but it is. Accept that these symptoms are caused by adrenaline, adrenaline is here to keep you alive not kill you, and just move on, laugh about symptoms. Often if I feel like I'm in a dream world I tell my mom and she goes "Wow you've got problems, you should go outside and play or something." Then I realize that I'm making a big deal out of it, and that's what the anxiety disorder is afterall. Making a big deal out of everything, vicious cycle that needs to be broken.