PDA

View Full Version : A DAY IN THE SNOW!

KOKO23CAT
08-02-07, 20:16
Hey Guys,

Had a fantastic day today, hubby 2 Be is a teacher so was home all day, Daughter was off nursery and my mum. The only time i felt uncomfortable was just after i'd eaten. i often get this, i go a bit cold which makes me shiver, which makes me tense, which makes me shake, which makes me twitch etc. . . . . . .But it didn't ruin my day. This is one of the ways that i feel i've made progress. When anxiety first came to me i would literally sit and wait for it to go away. Sometimes i would even go to bed and just lie there waiing for it to go. i never realised that it only went away when i had to get up and do something. Also, i would always imediatley stop what i was doing and if i was at home, tell H2B exactly what i was feeling and then we would both sit there and wait for it to go! Nowadays i mostly don't even tell him if i get a 'wave' its not that i don't ta;k about it at all, i do if i'm REALLY suffering but if its some thing relatively minor i find that if i don't mention it, i forget all about it and when i look back on the day i often don't remember that i've felt bad. Of course i get days when thats not what happens at all, xmas day being a prime example, i couldn't eat, talk or do anything and nothing was going to stop that but i find day to day these days i know how to cope. i don't know if hats just learning to live with it rather than dealing with it though. i'm going for another round of CBT soon. Not because i feel worsr just that i feel i need a 'top up'
i hope everyone has enjoyed the snow today, i did have one dodgy moment when i looked down at the snow and it went all wiggly and weird but then i remembered that its basically the same as staring at the sun.

Happy Days People

koko

''my life is full of catastrophies, most of which never happened''

sal
08-02-07, 23:00
Hi Koko

U are doing really well, we all have are wobbily moments trust me.

Pleased youve had a nice day with your family.

Got no snow here so im jealous as love the snow.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

tam
09-02-07, 07:45
well done koko your doing really well,keep up the good work.yes i am jealous too i love snow and was really looking forward to it,and we got as much as me throwing some talcon powder.[V]

wobily_lin
09-02-07, 15:25
oooooh you r doin so well hun.....sounds as if u had great fun...im jealous too lol.........

so glad you had a great day witcha family...keep it up hun x

Take care,
Lin xxx
"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

trac67
09-02-07, 16:32
Well done, good to read you had a fun day :D

Love

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

nomorepanic
10-02-07, 17:00
Koko

Wow well done on a fab day

Glad to read that things are looking up for you at last.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

KOKO23CAT
10-02-07, 20:26
Thanks Guys,

Really feel that i wouldn't have made it without this site

koko

''my life is full of catastrophies, most of which never happened''

manmoor
10-02-07, 22:27
Well done Koko xxx

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

Southern_Belle
11-02-07, 16:39
Hi Koko,

Sounds like you are making huge steps in your work towards conquering this thing we call anxiety. Keep up the good work. Glad you had fun in the snow.

Belxx

"Our thoughts are our reality"