PDA

View Full Version : Lung worries ( oh joy)

Emma_student
03-09-15, 05:33
Hi all,

Wanted to ask on here about these symptoms as I don't want to rush off to the doctors. Since about May/ June I've been getting regularly breathless and it kind of comes from nowhere. I feel like I need to cough things up but I can't, which in turn leads to panic and more breathlessness. It comes on quite suddenly and goes away for a bit ( most recently I haven't had the problem for a. Couple of weeks). I'm asthmatic and smoked on and of for about 5 years ( biggest mistake of my life) so I'm quite anxious about it..Also if it is related to anxiety I feel that by taking the inhalers, I'm causing myself to become reliant on them. Holding back the urge to google lung conditions, but it is quite unsettling.

aaronrh76
12-07-16, 18:44
I have been going through anxiety with a cough as well. All I can say is I would definately get checked out by a doctor. Its always better safe than sorry. Most likely its nothing but I would rather waste a few hours at the doctors than not go and find out later you should have. And it is wise to stay off google, as I have learned the hard way, it only makes the anxiety worse. Good luck.

MyNameIsTerry
14-07-16, 06:27
Do the Relievers do anything to improve it?

Could there be any triggers for your asthma at the times it has occurred? Or are you experiencing increases in stress or anxiety at the time?