PDA

View Full Version : Breaking the negative behaviours

Traceypo
03-09-15, 12:39
Hi all, I've been coping with my HA for some time and doing ok. I was bitten or stung two weeks ago, coped ok until Monday when I woke up to the wound being very angry and swollen. Needless to say, I had MRSA and images of my leg being amputated. I was at the Walk In prior to opening, was given antibiotics. Convinced myself it was getting bigger and ended up at A&E on the evening. Had a few nasty side effects from antibiotics - feel tired, drained and shaky (could also be anxiety!).
Was at the Doctors on Tuesday, more reassurance seeking. Discussed referral for Psychotherapy. Was back at Doctors today for a change of antibiotics. In all of this time, I have spent most of the day googling what is 'normal' etc.
I'm frustrated with myself for doing this as I was managing this previously. I have a lot of stress at work, and anxious I may be avoiding returning therefore fabricating illness and also feeding the anxiety. I'm angry that I can't just accept I'm a little run down and need to rest.
Any advice on breaking these negative behaviours?

sammie13s
03-09-15, 13:17
Have you ever just thought to yourself well if I'm be to be here I will? If not then I'm not?? Xx