PDA

View Full Version : A bunch of unexplained (mostly chest) symptoms...

divaneko13
03-09-15, 14:19
Maybe one of you out there can help me but I've been to my doctor and the ER I can't even tell you how many times in the last few months and no one can even offer any sort of diagnosis which is driving me crazy.

Here is the list:
-Left-sided pain and burning in chest and shoulder
- Occasional left-sided hand numbness
- A feeling that something is stuck in my chest and I can't get a good breath in
- Extreme fatigue
- The occasional drop in SPO2 95-96%
- Excessive gas and frequent burping
- Cannot lay on my left side/being on that side wakes me up at night
- Feeling breathless in the morning
- Shortness of breath when walking or speaking a lot
- Left leg pain w/weird loss of sensation in foot.
- Heart rate jumps up to 160-180 with light exertion

I have had ECG, and echo, a stress test, numerous chest xrays and as recent as a week and a half ago a Troponin test, a left leg US (they thought it might be a DVT) and a d dimer. All which came back fine. My thyroid has also been tested and found to be functioning normally.

I don't know what to do. I can't workout, I can't go out for long walks and everytime I go to see a doctor they tell my I'm just anxious. These symptoms are still happening even when I take Xanax and feel perfectly calm.

If anyone else is suffering from these symptoms, I'd love to hear from you!

illgetthere
07-09-15, 23:14
Sounds like silent reflux to me.

Punkoffgirl
11-09-15, 18:12
Here is the list:
- Occasional left-sided hand numbness
- A feeling that something is stuck in my chest and I can't get a good breath in
- Cannot lay on my left side/being on that side wakes me up at night
- Shortness of breath when walking or speaking a lot

If anyone else is suffering from these symptoms, I'd love to hear from you!

I've had the above. You're the first person I've heard mention the can't sleep on your left side thing, I thought it was just me! I swear it makes me more likely to have palpitations.
EKG, echo and Holter monitor tests done revealed no real issues other than occasional premature heart contractions. I've had issues with heartburn for a long time, so I take Prevacid daily. My doctor is making a referral for a sleep study, I will be trying to sleep on my life side a bit there to see if they notice anything.

Ditapage
13-09-15, 03:42
I get the burping gas feeling with extreme fatigue. I don't know how they're linked. I take Mylanta tablets for the acid. When it gets bad I feel like there's a tightness or blockage in the sternum area. Anxiety can produce stomach acid.