PDA

View Full Version : Will I just have to live lei this forever?

oscar1
03-09-15, 16:46
I've been struggling a lot recently but just trying to continue. I finally gave in to my horrible feelings and called in sick to work. I have a holiday to Belgium booked in 3 weeks and I'm really really worried about it. I don't want to let my friend down but I also don't want to ruin her holiday. Will I just be living with these feelings forever? Because it's already been 6 years and I'm not sure how much more I can take. I'm worried I will just start losing my mind and end up being a complete shut in and I really don't want that to happen.

Annie0904
03-09-15, 16:57
You won't lose your mind that's for sure but you do need to challenge the negatives that keep coming up in your mind and put them in the recycle bin :) I have to say that I am also going on holiday in a few weeks and dreading it the same as I do every time but 99.9% of the time I enjoy it when I get there and the break and change of scenery does me good. Just feel the fear and do it anyway and tell your anxiety that it can do its worst but it isn't going to stop you!
As for work, maybe a rest will help and I have had to call in sick before on really bad days. You will only live with those feelings forever if you let them spoil things for you. try to visualise the holiday..having fun, the places you will go. It helps me to look on Google earth to 'walk' around the area I will be staying in before I go so that I am more familiar with it when I get there. While you are home from work do some online holiday shopping...retail therapy ;)

sammie13s
03-09-15, 17:30
Iv been like this for 9 years. My biggest fear is losing control. I constantly ask myself am I going to be like this forever. Upto now it seems that way for me xx

Blonde123
03-09-15, 17:47
Oscar, I had the same situation with a holiday. It was with my best friend of nearly 32 years! We were going to NY to celebrate out big birthdays and I felt sooo anxious. Shes really understanding whichh helped but I was determined not to give in to my anxiety. I didnt and although the flight there was awful and draining, the moment I got there I relaxed, was proud of myself for pushing to do something which I could have easily cancelled, and I had the best time ever! Go for it, dont let anxiety push you about!