PDA

View Full Version : Hello. New here.

Shyshy21
03-09-15, 17:43
Hello. So i suppose I'll just get right to it. I'm Breah and in July I've decided to go off of my antidepressant called Citalopram or Celexa. I was on 30mg. My doctor decided that I could go off during the summer if I wanted to if I felt good enough. Bad decision. I felt okay awhile after but then my depression rose up and has gotten worse and my anxiety started popping in as my depression got worse. So now I'm really depressed and anxious. I've lost my appetite and I feel like I'm a little bit dehydrated and it makes me even more anxious. I was severely dehydrated in March of 2013 which started generalized anxiety and panic attacks and deeper depression. I had a fluid IV and soon I was put on an antidepressant and a benzo. The only benzo I took was Xanax. I became dependent on it and was taking it everyday. But it was a good thing I was on the lowest does of .25 mg. and I got off of it. I've been through quite a few short acting antidepressants but then I was put on Citalopram and that changed me and made my life so much better. I don't know why I thought that I would be well after stopping it. But now my doctor has said that I need to go back on it immediately. I feel like I need some support during getting back on it and going through all of these side effects.

venusbluejeans
03-09-15, 17:50
Hiya Shyshy21 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Mark13
04-09-15, 21:41
Hi. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined.

There's plenty of advice and support here.

You're not alone.

All the best.

aicherrrr
05-09-15, 21:21
Hi, and welcome