PDA

View Full Version : Sorry bit of reassurance needed

Munchlet
03-09-15, 17:53
So I know that this is classic HA and I know I shouldn't be posting asking this but I just have to get a second opinion.

For weeks now I've been analysing my urine, checking colour etc and it's been getting obsessive because I've been thinking on occasion it looks a funny colour, worrying it could be blood etc etc.

Today I went to the toilet and saw a black spot floating around which sent me in a complete tailspin. I've also been having some symptoms such as needing to go more, discomfort etc although that is quite common for me when I'm stressed.

So I dashed off to the duty team at the doctors in a panic and did a urine sample. The nurse said my urine looked beautiful, clear, bright etc but she would check it with a dipstick. She came back and said we don't refer to urine as beautiful but yours is it's pefect colour, clarity and there is absolutely nothing in it. She asked lots of questions about my anxiety over it and said that it is more than likely me stressing causing the urgency etc. She also said urine can get quite dark due to dehydration etc and that the dipsticks are so sensitive they would pick up even the tiniest amount of blood if there was any.

So I came out and breathed a huge sigh of relief, for all of five minutes and then started thinking what if it didn't show up because I was hydrated.

My mum was with me and she just said "for god's sake they have just said it would pick up blood if there was any", it didn't pick it up because there isn't any and that regardless of me being hydrdrated whatever you have still gets filtered through the bladder and kidneys and if there was bleeding it would come out with the urine.

I just need someone to tell me to shut up, stop being stupid and put this to bed please!

I've been worrying for weeks and it's taken me this long to go and get a dipstick test done (doctor wanted to do one weeks ago and my anxiety wouldn't let me), so you'd think I'd be dancing for joy not questioning the dipstick!!!

I need a slap!

Fishmanpa
03-09-15, 18:07
This is about as close as I can get to a slap ~lol~ :buttkick:

Remember... you asked! :winks:

Positive thoughts

GoWhiteSox
03-09-15, 18:39
dont overthink things...you have beautiful urine :-) that is something to be proud of

anxious people pee...all....the...time...it is a classic anxiety symptom...my wife and i are two stressed out working parents and we joke with each other all the time about how much we pee

Fishmanpa
03-09-15, 18:43
...you have beautiful urine :-)

Stop flirting!

Positive thoughts

Munchlet
03-09-15, 19:11
You guys do make me laugh, thank you, I have slapped myself, feel happier now. :)

Pepperpot
03-09-15, 20:30
Were you worried the black spot may have been blood? Cos if it was blood it wouldn't of been a tiny spot as it would have dispersed in the water x

Munchlet
03-09-15, 20:50
Yes I was Pepperpot, but that's exactly what my mum said, it would have dispersed.

I've just been getting in such a state about checking my urine, I even asked my mum and husband to check it on a couple of occasions as I was convinced it looked like it had a pink tinge to it. They both thought I was mad and were telling me it looked perfectly normal.

So today seeing the black spot I was completely convinced it was blood, needless to say nothing picked up on dipstick and they said it was fine.

I hate HA feels like you are going mad with the obsessive checking and worrying!

sial72
03-09-15, 20:57
I just need someone to tell me to shut up, stop being stupid and put this to bed please!

Ok then, shut up, stop being stupid and put this to bed! Xxx

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

Lol

Munchlet
03-09-15, 21:12
Thanks Sial :)

Funny thing is I went to the toilet earlier and I started to check my urine aaarrrggghhhhh!!

I stood there and said to myself, you've just had it checked there's nothing wrong with it flush the god damn chain. Just shows how much of a habit I've got into with it!

Thing I might put one of those things down the loo that colours the water that'll stop me doing it!