PDA

View Full Version : Old member returns!

Sleepless999
03-09-15, 19:37
I used to be on here years ago whilst withdrawing from benzos and having a terrible time - admissions to A&E, out of control heart rate and blood pressure, and generally feeling that I may die of anxiety! Anyway, three years later with the help of a fab psychiatrist, lyrica and mirtazpine, I got off the diazepam and just used a small amount of lyrica at night for my chronic insomnia. Fine for about three years, but now my anxiety is back and I really did think that I would never be in that place again 😓what has anyone taken for insomnia and GAD that isn't addictive and doesn't give you sore eyes and want to eat the whole world in one go???

venusbluejeans
03-09-15, 19:46
Hiya Sleepless999 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Pepperpot
03-09-15, 20:55
Hahaha I don't know the answer to your questions but I wanted to say welcome back :)

sial72
03-09-15, 21:35
I had a benzo addiction problem, so can't take them again.
The best alternatives I have found is Dr Stuarts Tranquillity Tea and valerian root in liquid form.
Welcome x