PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline causing panic and rapid heart?

sammie13s
04-09-15, 09:59
I'm on my 10th day of 50mg. Since yesturday iv began to feel really anxious and my hearts racing. I thought these are supposed to make you better not worse 😪

MyNameIsTerry
04-09-15, 10:08
I wish, sammie. I envy people who go on these meds with no problems.

I've tried 2 so far and both made me worse in various ways for a while. They do kick in around 4-6 weeks later for most people which is when the side effects have normally ended, although they can go sooner or at least become more manageable.

I suggest you have a look at the Setraline board because there are usually a few people talking on there about it daily. They can help you through it.

sammie13s
04-09-15, 10:28
Did your meds eventually kick in and work?? Xx

MyNameIsTerry
04-09-15, 10:40
Yeah, the Citalopram did. I found the side effects tailed off by week 3 anyway. They did help reduce my anxiety but it was hard getting back out and challenging some of the fears early on.

The current one, Duloxetine, is a different story and has been very mixed but it's a dual use one that works with adrenaline and I think I'm just not suited to it so should have switched early (my GP is crap and doesn't understand them and back then I had no contact with other people with these disorders or therapy or anything so took his word for it) on to save experiencing repeated side effects, which didn't happen with the Citalopram.

Sertraline is one of the most commonly prescribed, like Citalopram, so give it time because until you get to 4 weeks you really don't know. Regardless of what happens, the increased anxiety you have right now will fade and go away because thats just the onset side effects that are very common with these meds.