PDA

View Full Version : New and worrying

nl
04-09-15, 12:40
So I'm new in here, just found the site so hello!
9 months ago I lost my job and had a pretty rough Time.
I started having serious panic attacks, was certain I was dying
Several times. Hospital said I was all fine, usual 'you're not dying grow up'
Stuff. Since then, my anxiety has developed into something beyond words. My particular symptoms are palpitations, irregular heart beat, numbness in my limbs (my least favourite), and of course worrying about every aspect of my life in general.
As I'm sure people here understand, the worst part of my condition is telling myself I'm not dying. There's no concrete method to this, I've tried distracting myself, googling symptoms (anxiety suicide basically), breathing techniques, stretches, all sorts. Nothing seems to work, I now spend every day weighing up the pros and cons of living any longer. I've got to a point in my anxiety life where I'm no longer interested in anything, from hobbies to relationships. Where do you go from here?

WiganLad
04-09-15, 13:17
i know what you going through ever since my brother got killed 5 years ago i lost my job after that developed ptsd depression couldnt sleep then i started thinking stupid things bout my health thinking i was dying keep checking for lumps and bumps stomach issues and turns out i have really bad ibs and when i panic i go on google symptoms like you do like you said its suicide but then coming on here has helped me then i got therapy which has helped alot and do highly recommend. listening to calming music helps i recommend pure moods or gregory porter relaxes me

sial72
04-09-15, 13:43
Nl
Hang in there, I was once where you are now and I got better. It seems impossible when you are going through it, but it WILL get better.
Read Claire Weekes, exercise, eat properly and supplement with magnesium xxx