PDA

View Full Version : Two steps forward one back :(

Leah1971
04-09-15, 23:20
I was doing pretty well for about 3 weeks and then the panic attacks and GAD kicked back in. I feel awful. Nauseas and can't eat. I'm guessing this is normal part of recovery to have blips but it's really hard. It's knocked my confidence for a six. I'm on meds which have helped. I think what triggered this was a tummy bug and I was planning to go away for the weekend with friends. I'm thinking the excitement of going away might have bought on the panic attacks. I didn't go because I feel so rotten. It would be great to get some reassurance that I'll be ok. I keep telling myself that this too shall pass. Any comments of reassurance would mean the world. Thanks. Leah.

dally
05-09-15, 07:27
Hi Leah,
Anticipatory anxiety is the worst.
I bet youre feeling better this morning..and so frustrated that u didn't go on the weekend trip too.
Anxiety plays havoc with our GI system. And its only when the 'threat' has passed that we can see it was 'only' anxiety and not genuine GI probs.
It does pass. What we have to learn is not to let things affect our lives when anxiety strikes the next time!
Esier said than done.. I know.
Hope you're feeling better today x

Leah1971
05-09-15, 07:36
Thanks for your comments Dally. So true. Anticipatory anxiety is the pits. I am feeling a bit better today. I'm already planning another weekend away with other friends in about a month. I'm guessing, that I need to push through the anxiety - if I have it - and go. Don't let it stop me. Otherwise I'll become a slave to it. That's the last thing I want. Thanks again for responding to me. I appreciate it.