PDA

View Full Version : new

islander
05-09-15, 05:11
hi there im new and have a very bad seperation anxiety with my mom .it's so bad sometimes. when I can't get ahold of her it feels like I just go insane , imstantly i assume that the worst has happend and i go into a very bad panic state . I'm a 21 year old male so this is very un healthy. I've had this all my life but it went away for a bit but the past few years I've gone through so much stuff and so has my mom and it has caused my separation anxiety to come back. and in January my mom is going to be going to africa to volunteer for 2 months and I'm gunna be back at home . I'm so worried about it aND I don't know what in gunna do to calm my self I feel as If I might loose my mind and have a mental breakdown . I just need some guidance. has anyone else gone through anything like this . if so please help me and let me know what you did/do to help

venusbluejeans
05-09-15, 05:25
Hiya islander and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

sial72
05-09-15, 08:48
Hi Islander
I went through something similar recently. I live in Spain and so does my Mum but at the beginning of July she went off to England for 3 months. I was terrified, I thought I would not cope. But on the other hand I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it.
She went and I was a bit nervous for a couple of days
After that I was fine. I'm sure you will be too, it is more the anticipation anxiety...plus we use Whatsapp and can be very easily in touch xx