PDA

View Full Version : HELP

debera
09-02-07, 10:34
HI
CAN ANYBODY HELP ME. WHEN I WOKE UP THIS MORNING I WENT TO LAY ON THE OTHER SIDE AND GOT VERY DIZZY. CAN ANXIETY CAUSE THIS . ITS ONLY WHEN I LAY ON ONE SIDE. HELP VERY PANICY.
DEBERA

jodie
09-02-07, 19:46
awwwwwww hunny

i bet this is cos you have woken from a deep sleep and this may have made you dizzy .
well you know i am around for you allways :D
chin up it might just be a little blip :D

jodie xxxxxxxx

honeybee3939
09-02-07, 20:28
Hi Deb

This may help:

Dizziness

This is a very common feeling that most sufferers get. It’s usually as a result of hyperventilation but also of intense fear and the adrenalin hit.

Feeling faint is very worrying and very frightening. You feel as though you are going to pass out or the whole world seems to be spinning and you cannot focus on anything. Your vision is blurred and this causes more Panic as you are now ‘sure’ that you will pass out or collapse.

Even when you convince yourself that you will not faint, the feeling of un-steadiness or dizziness remains. This feeling can go on for minutes or hours and there seems to be no end to it.

Try to steady your breathing and sit quietly somewhere so that you can concentrate on it. The more you Panic and worry, the worse you will feel.

Try to occupy and distract your mind with something so you don’t focus on the dizziness and if necessary sit down for a while to help get your balance back.

Spaciness (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2696)

Light Headed (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2951)

dizzyness (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3062)

Jules31 (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=310)

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

nomorepanic
09-02-07, 20:47
Have you had your ears checked if it is only one side?

Could be a slight ear infection maybe

How are you in the day? Is it the same then?

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

debera
09-02-07, 20:52
HI NIC
NO IT DOESNT SEEM TO BE THERE IN THE DAY. IT IS JUST SO UPSETTING WHEN IT DOES HAPPEN. I REALLY PANIC WHEN THIS HAPPENS.
LOVE DEBERA

debera
09-02-07, 21:26
THANKS JODIE, ANDREA AND NIC YOU HAVE ALL MADE ME FEEL ALLOT BETTER.
LOVE DEBERA
X X X X X X

nomorepanic
09-02-07, 21:26
Ok if not there in the day then it doesn't sound like an ear problem.

The dizziness always got me for many years - it was the last symptom to go to be honest.

Try this ...

Dizziness or light-headedness
The sensation:
You feel suddenly light-headed, woozy or dizzy. This is sometimes accompanied by a feeling that you might faint or pass out. It also may feel as though you are walking on a boat, or that the floor seems to move up and down and it's hard to balance. You may also have difficulty placing your feet because your perception of the ground or floor may be wrong. In some cases it may seem that even though you are standing on a firm floor, the floor may be vibrating or moving.
The reason:
This symptom has a few variations. Some people may experience a sudden head rush feeling, which goes almost as quickly as it comes. As long as the individual doesn’t react with more fear, the symptom will come and go and will vary in frequency from a number of times per day, to a few times a month.
Another variation includes a constant state of unbalance, spinning, wooziness, fogginess and so on. Often it is accompanied by a feeling that you may pass out (some people do, however, that’s not common).
This symptom has a few causes. It could be from a blood sugar imbalance, hyperventilation (not getting enough oxygen) or an inner ear or ear pressure condition.
This is a common symptom and sometimes an individual can experience both forms, and at different times. I did.
There are tests available that can accurately identify a blood sugar imbalance, however, most often this isn’t the main cause. Typically, those with anxiety disorder have their blood sugar levels within the safe range when tested. However, long periods without eating may aggravate the condition because blood sugar levels may drop too low because of not eating. It’s important to eat regular wholesome and natural food so that the fluctuations in blood sugar remain in the normal range.
If you are experiencing this symptom, having medical tests may be beneficial. Certainly, to rule out any other cause.
If your symptom is a result of hyperventilation, deliberately deep slow breathing will reduce and even eliminate this symptom.
While deep relaxation will help to diminish and eliminate most symptoms, I’ve personally found that this symptom is one that hangs on the longest, and is the least responsive to immediate counter action. However, a regular deep relaxation routine provided me with results… it just took awhile.
As with all symptoms, when the nervous system gets sufficient rest, this symptom will diminish and eventually subside.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Insomniac
09-02-07, 22:15
Hi debera

I used to get this a lot. And it used to make me feel so anxious. Now I am lucky that I can tell myself its just getting up too quick after being still. It can happen after either sitting still too long then suddenly moving, or getting up in the night (for the loo or something). The dizziness would then make me anxious and I would get worse.

Now I know that for me its the result of action after such inactivity, and now I try to remember to get up slowly, or to give myself a minute when I am dizzy, just to catch up with myself and tell myself that it will pass soon and I can carry on. Being positive is not easy when you're anxious or dizzy, but I am learning that it really helps a lot!

Hope this helps.

Lisa.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

debera
10-02-07, 00:12
THANKS LISA
YOU HAVE MADE ME FEEL ALLOT BETTER. THANK YOU
DEBERA
XX