PDA

View Full Version : Weakness

rudiskacel
06-09-15, 01:12
Hi there, I have many worries concerning ALS as many of you on here probably know. My latest worry isn't due to swallowing, but weakness. My right arm feels weak, which is my dominant arm.
My hand feels clumsy when I go to pick things up.
It feels so much weaker than my left arm, but when I test my strength I can still lift heavy things, heck, 5 days ago I lifted a washing machine down 3 flights of stairs, which is when I'd say this started.
I have been testing my strength for 7 months now, after I first heard of ALS and I can't notice any loss of strength, I just feel weak. Maybe it's just fatigue. Can you please help me. :unsure:

Is it down to not drinking enough water? I have a terrible sleeping pattern, that could be it? My diet is awful? I am only 20 so this is scary.

sammie13s
06-09-15, 11:18
Could it be depersonalisation? Xx

23tana
06-09-15, 13:39
Perhaps you strained a muscle lifting the washing machine. If so, it will recover with time.

How much water do you drink? You should have 6-8 glasses a day to remain fully hydrated. You need to eat a balanced diet to be fully well. Only you can make that happen.

Have you tried relaxation tapes or listening to music before you go to sleep? It takes time to relearn a good sleep pattern. Keep a record of the times you sleep each night and how you feel the next day. You should find that as you manage longer periods of sleep, you feel less fatigued the next day.