PDA

View Full Version : Sweating a lot when meeting new people

SurfingWaves
06-09-15, 16:54
I have been getting this a lot the last couple years and it's made everything so much worse and it's becoming the number 1 thing i worry about..

I think its extreme nervousness or symptom of panic attack. if i feel im starting to sweat my anxiety skyrockets. I worry for days before an event about how bad I will be. Shaking hands with people is a nightmare but the worst is when it starts on my forehead, completely uncontrollable :ohmy:

I've got major fears of being judged and feeling inadequate and I've got a lot of social anxiety nowadays.

Does anyone else get this happening to them?

23tana
06-09-15, 18:02
I used to live overseas in a corporate environment where I was constantly having to meet new people. This happened to me then and was terribly embarrassing.

It was social anxiety and stopped as soon as I left that environment.

SurfingWaves
06-09-15, 19:19
Hi, thanks for replying

I think all the worrying I do makes it worse. I need to beat this before I can start working on my social anxiety properly.

emf
24-09-15, 23:20
You could actually have a sweating disorder. I suffered for many years with one and went to the doctor and got a strong deodorant you wear at night called driclor and it works amazingly

SurfingWaves
24-09-15, 23:43
Its definitely related to my nerves as when I'm at home I am dry even on a very hot day. I have recently got some stuff called Odaban which really helps and I started Citalopram a week ago for severe anxiety and I think that is helping too. I did try with some Propranolol but that doesn't make any difference for sweating but it might be good for blushing

emf
25-09-15, 02:26
Good luck sounds like you're making progress

ray.olsen
18-10-15, 17:35
Hi,

To sweat profusely can be a sign of anxiety so if you're worried I would suggest that you look for proper diagnosis just to be certain. You see your worrying about sweating may be the cause of anxiety or it may be the outcome.
Now if I may ask are you a shy person? or are you easy embarrass? Did you have any experienced before wherein you got in an awkward position and got shamed? I'm asking this because there is a possibility that you get anxious because of a traumatic experience you had before that reduced your confidence.

SurfingWaves
19-10-15, 21:17
Hi Ray, I have had a life of blushing since I was 14 which quickly became a phobia. It has caused many embarrassing situations so you are definitely on the right track with what you are saying! I wouldn't consider myself a shy person because I do enjoy talking to people a lot when I feel comfortable and when the blushing / sweating isn't happening. I don't know if there is anything I can do about it I have started taking medication and it has helped me to not panic around people and I might have to be on it for life if I go back to how I have been these last 6 months - extremely anxious 24/7 anticipating embarrassing situations etc

tanisha
20-11-15, 06:57
Do you go nuts crazy when there is an anxiety attack taking birth inside your brain?:ohmy: There are important people surrounding you and when you need to be your most confident you tend to lose it all!:lac:

The result, sweaty hands! and they are such big turnoffs, no matter with whome you shake a hand, your boss, your colleague, your friends or juniors at work. Sweaty hands are a big NO!:shrug:

Just breathe and calm those nerves that are on the verge of bursting because of social fear.Meditate, drink lots of water, breathe deep and eat a balanced diet.

When ever you feel your hands are getting wet, wipe them immediately and smile! it is the best stress reliever!:D

HaroldMorse
03-12-15, 05:48
Its nervousness and social anxiety.. Klonopin is good in treating nervousness issues and relief from the symptoms of anxiety.
I recommend you meditation and exercise, you will feel good.

Murphy
12-01-16, 20:28
I sometimes get this when i meet new people or when i'm in unfamiliar surroundings.

Using deodorant and wearing a dark shirt or jumper is the best way i've found to deal with it.

mark84
23-01-16, 11:12
There are varying anti perspirants like odaban and perspire that will help, you can use them on your hands etc too.