PDA

View Full Version : According to google I should be dead!

shifty75
06-09-15, 17:37
Hi everyone, I'm Emma & I am 40 years of age. For most of my adult life I have suffered health anxiety. I think it's important I acknowledge this. The many areas of concern would be too numerous for me to list here but the one that has always stood out is the palpitations. Why am I having them? Why do they come out of the blue (even when I'm not feeling particularly anxious) & what is wrong with my heart?

I don't have the answers yet but I feel comforted to know that many others suffer too with these palpitations, along with other unexplained symptoms. I say 'unexplained' as how do we know that they are just anxiety related?

I guess that's why I'm here...

venusbluejeans
06-09-15, 17:47
Hiya shifty75 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

23tana
06-09-15, 17:53
Hi.

"According to google I should be dead" That's why we have an unwritten rule on here not to google. :) It can always make a problem worse!

shifty75
08-09-15, 19:16
Don't i know it! :winks:

TiredofWorrying
11-09-15, 18:04
Hi Shifty,
I am also new to the forum, and I have palpatations, too. They are much, much worse and noticeable when I am either stressed/tired/over caffeinated. I'm 33 and have had health anxiety for a little over a year now. All day, most days. You are not alone!

shifty75
11-09-15, 23:21
Good to know I'm not the only one! I have found Dr Sanjay Gupta's you tube videos very helpful & reassuring. He is reportedly a prominent cardiologist in York :)