PDA

View Full Version : Tonsils with white spots-worried!

Chantel
06-09-15, 19:10
I'm feeling very anxious right now and need some place to unload.

I came down with a mild fever last night (was feeling very rundown in light of having a ten month old who has slept terribly for a month now) and noticed one side of my throat hurt mildly. This morning, despite taking Tylenol, I still have a fever and noticed my tonsils are a bit swollen and have white spots on them. At first I thought tonsillitis but in the absence of sore tonsils am really worried about what this could be.

Any thoughts? I've been really anxious about this all morning.

Leah1971
06-09-15, 20:03
Hi chantel, it still sounds like tonsillitis to me. It may need a quick visit to the docs for some antibiotics. The fever, swollen tonsils and white tonsil stones are pretty common for tonsillitis.

Traceypo
06-09-15, 20:28
My stepdaughter gets this often, if it's the same as her, it's a throat infection, but you'll probably need antibiotics. She struggles to eat too x

fluff
06-09-15, 21:56
I had this the start of the year it was tonsillitus, had antibiotics, try gargling with salt water helps aswell

Chantel
06-09-15, 22:19
Thanks so much for your responses! I went to see a nurse practitioner (bc its Sunday) and she didn't mention anything about tonsillitis but took a swab for strep. She said I definitely have a throat infection but is it possible to have strep without a sore throat?? My throats irritated for sure but I recall having strep as a kid and it was so painful I could barely swallow food.

On another note, I have always had a lumpy neck with lymph nodes that can easily be felt but she kinda freaked me out after feeling my neck and saying, "Usually it's not common to feel them like this in ppl" :scared15: I already have a lymphoma fear and this did not help.