PDA

View Full Version : Ayup all!

joseamnesia
09-02-07, 13:04
Ayup all!

I'm james and just came across the site while i was looking at that linden method thing.. I have been having panic attacks (if thats what it is?) for over a year now! ive had every sort of test to do with my health and after 8 months the doctor did not have a clue what was wrong so he put me on flueoxetine (is that how you spell it?) prozac, which stopped it for a while but now it seems to be coming back with avengence! is panic attacks sort of where your heart starts beating really fast? then you notice its beating fast so it beats even faster then out of control and u just have to get out/away???? to be honest its ruined my life i was training to be a nurse but it stopped me from going to college and stopped me from going out with my mates its horrible. so now im stuck in a hard place and need someone to talk to other than a doctor who hasnt a clue.....

sorry for the essay [:P]

Jose

wobily_lin
09-02-07, 15:17
elo James,

A warm welcome to the site..great support n advice here..n you will make good friends who understand..glad ta have ya on board x

Take care,
Lin xxx
"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

trac67
09-02-07, 16:24
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

pamella
09-02-07, 16:32
hiya, i2suffer panic attacks and at times get wot i call my headless chicken thing, i just hav to get out of place as my heart is racing,im sweating,shaking and feel as if my chest is going to explode.i feel like bottle pop someone has shaken and im going to explode. i fear im having heart attack,i no now its just reaction to anixety but it hasnt stopped me getting panics.im working on trying to overcome theis fear.not doing very well at mo but this site has been lifeline just knowing others feel same way, so hope iv helped u just by letting u no your not alone.take care and if i can help in any way sure just get in touch.

pjrobb

honeybee3939
09-02-07, 20:20
Hi Jose

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.

Take a look at the First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps) pages Jose you may find them of interest.

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

sarah1984
10-02-07, 11:44
Hi James and welcome,

Sorry to hear you've been having such a hard time recently. I'm surprised your doc chose to put you on Prozac for panic attacks-my mum's been on it as an anti-depressant for years and when I asked my doc why I had never been put on it, he said it can increase anxiety in some cases.... Initially, I was put on something called Propanalol, which seems to be very popular for treating the physical symptoms of panic attacks and a lot of ppl on here seem to have experience of it. It can also come in a slow-release form and is non-addictive, with no bad side effects.

It's a real shame that you're unable to carry on training to be a nurse, even though you're unable to make it to college at the moment. This time last year, I came home from uni suffering from an anxiety disorder, and was determined to pack it all in. One year later, I'm so glad I didn't, even though I've been off for a year and am going back after Easter. Have you explained your circs to your college? Please don't give up on your dreams.

I hope you get a lot of support here,
All the best
Sarah

manmoor
10-02-07, 12:06
Hi James,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

nomorepanic
10-02-07, 14:29
Hi Jose

A warm welcome aboard.

Hope we can be of some help to you.

Have a good read of all the info on the website here too - www.nomorepanic.co.uk

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel