PDA

View Full Version : Under tongue pain. Oral cancer fear :(

Lambo88
07-09-15, 05:52
Posted in wrong thread

Need some help

For the past couple days the floor of my mouth/under my tongue has been very tender/sore

There are no "cankers" or anything but there seems to be flakes of skin that I can scrape off (gross I know) but mainly the soreness is what's freaking me out :(

I'm in the U.S. So I can't see a dentist over the holiday but I wanted to know if any one has ever had this?

I feel around the bottom of my tongue and mouth and there isn't anything hard but I still feel oral cancer :(

Fishmanpa
07-09-15, 06:49
I'm an OC survivor. In my case as well as the vast majority of cases I saw on the H&N cancer boards when I participated, OC doesn't present that way. In my case, I had no symptoms other than a swollen node that didn't resolve and continued to grow despite two rounds of antibiotics. While the primary site was unknown (very rare), my oncology team believe it started on the back of my tongue. It was HPV related.

The rule of thumb is if you have a sore, lesion or node that doesn't resolve in a few weeks, see your doctor.

Positive thoughts

Lambo88
07-09-15, 07:03
Thank you for your reply

Yeah I did some searches and was worried it was leukoplakia but it kind of flakes off which I don't think leukoplakia does.

I'm just a little freaked out that there may be a tumor or something under the floor of my mouth causing the tenderness