PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else had this virus?

MetalYeti
07-09-15, 11:39
I’m hoping that this is just a particularly nasty virus that’s doing the rounds but of course, the HA is convinced that it’s something terribly serious and I’m at death’s door! I was wiped out by a coldy-flu thing a few weeks back, which I could cope with as it quite obviously just a bug, but then it turned into what I thought was a bladder infection (according to the docs is wasn’t), then it went into my stomach and I’ve had stomach bug symptoms for a fortnight. They don’t show any signs of easing and this weekend I developed quite bad earache that went right into my jaw. I’m trying to be logical but the stomach thing is freaking me out, I’m just getting so frustrated and upset because I honestly can’t tell at this point whether it’s a virus, if it’s actually my anxiety causing these symptoms, or whether there’s something genuinely wrong.

countrygirl
07-09-15, 11:42
My cousin had a very bad cold that lasted over a week and he thought he was just on the mend when he got what seemed to be a very bad stomach bug that lasted a good week before starting to improve but he was off work for 3 weeks which was unheard of for him so he must have been bad. He saw his GP and was told that some cold viruses also cause very bad stomach upsets as well.

MetalYeti
07-09-15, 11:58
That is comforting to hear thankyou:) I know logically that viruses are weird and unpredictable things and the doc I spoke to about bladder infection seemed to think it was just the virus messing with my system. I've just never had a bad stomach like this for so long and it's making me worried and miserable. I'll just keep telling myself it'll get better eventually.

Leah1971
07-09-15, 20:45
I recently had a bad cold that turned into bronchitis and I had the whole thing for a month. It's going around at the moment here. Taking people a month to get over a cold! Just last week I started with a stomach bug which still seems to be hanging around. The viruses at the moment seem to be lasting longer than usual.

23tana
07-09-15, 20:57
I started with the cold which I still have after 5 weeks. In the middle I had stomach problems for 15 days.

MetalYeti
08-09-15, 09:44
Thank you for the reassurance, I'm generally not too bad with the HA when it's something that's obviously a virus but it was definitely the length of time that was worrying me, I usually get completely wiped out by bugs but I'm fine in a week or so, so this is really unusual for me. I know viruses are different every year so it's probably just like you say, this year they're hanging around for some reason. I'm just really struggling recently with being able to tell what's serious and what's not, and I'm spending far too much time agonising about when I should go to the doctors, partly cos I don't trust myself to be able to tell what is a genuine problem and not just in my head, and partly cos whenever I do go the doctors are really dismissive and don't want to know.