PDA

View Full Version : Hypoglycemia normal with anxiety illness?

Ollie28
07-09-15, 21:38
Just wondering dose anyone have such symtoms like hypoglycemic episodes?

I've often for a long time got tired after eating sometimes literally so lethargic I've fell asleep in the car after going mc Donald's drive through lol!

Also I have severe weakness a lot, cold swets and shaking and nausea - had a bad day with it today that usually lifts if I have some suguar -
For a long time now I've also become dizzy drunk and blurred vision when I start to become full up.

I've just been sat totally relaxed fine no pain no breathing problems no body sesations - fine.

Me and the wife orderd a pizza and as I've noticed a lot after a few pieces I started to feel dizzy and blurred vision, my breathing started going deep and hard I was taking deep breathes and still am tbh to releive what feels like not enough oxygen, then the head pains started and the body sesations nerve pains ect.
I know undiagnosed diabeatese long enough can damage the nervous system and Vegas nerve .... I've had bloods done but I do wonder as the brain can starve of glucose (feel like I'm coma) and I have episodes of coming out of it or cognition lifting stronger that fluctuates.....
I get a lot of stomach pain burning after eating.
I was literally sat yawning I felt that good not i feel like I've been kicked around a football pitch for 90 mins after 4 pieces of pizza!

simonjd1974
08-09-15, 15:49
Its slightly different for me - I was diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic nearly 2 years ago.

But yes, anxiety can make my bloods either plummet or rocket!

Ollie28
08-09-15, 18:57
Thanks Simon - do my symptoms above sound like anything you go or went through before diagnosed?

Rennie1989
08-09-15, 19:03
You can be tired from digesting food but, unless you have diabetes, your blood sugars should remain normal unless you have not eaten enough. You said that you need sugar to perk you up, maybe the symptoms of fatigue and 'dizzy drunk' could be sugar crashes? In any case, you should eat a balanced diet and cut down on sugar, you can get energy better from fruit and veg snacks.

But, yes, they sound like anxiety symptoms.

Sunflower2
08-09-15, 19:17
I suffer from low blood sugar if I've eaten a lot of sugary things, then nothing for a few hours. I get a sugar crash, and then because I don't eat, it goes lower which then makes me feel weak, shaky, dizzy, cold and sweat and sick.

But, anxiety can equally cause that. The main difference for me is the cold sweating, I don't generally get that with regular anxiety.

I could be wrong, but I think low blood sugar/hypoglycaemia can be caused just by diet and nothing sinister. So even if it is low blood sugar, it doesn't mean it is automatically diabetes.

I was told to eat something sugary (chocolate, juice or fruit) and the follow it with complex carbs like bread, cereal, cereal bar etc so the body can get its sugar to readjust, then have an even level from a slower releasing sugar.

I generally would get this late in the afternoon at work, as I hadn't eaten for a few hours and had had a lot of sugar up till lunch. Since have a more balanced lunch with less sugar, I don't often get this any more. I also suffered from this more as I was/am recovering from an eating disorder and my body was all over the place.

Watch your diet, and don't finish a meal with sugar, try to make it something sustaining that won't give you a crash.

Ollie28
08-09-15, 21:13
Thanks all - having a lot of strange things happening with my body I'm trying to cure whether there somatic or the course of why I feel so mentally fatigued and in pain a lot of the time I don't know.

Getting a lot of burning pain in my stomach and bodily pains and symtoms after eating / drinking.

Had a couple of days pain free but feel like crap again the last couple days.

Any know know how I can upload a video? I have cold painful seizures like things I can't explain but I go all weak swet like mad can't breath proper I'm not struggling for breath like a panic attack I'm more in pain breathing my nervs go all painful I go dizzy it's mad ild love someone to watch it see if they can relate to it. Showed my dr he hasn't a clue.
Hypoglcimia can be bad - untreated it can course seizure and death. Untreated diabeatese can destroy the nervous system and course pains ect and starve the brain of glucose can shut down cognition and course pains and things. i will get my health back in not living like this much longer I collapsed again yesterday I was in so much pain, swetting, couldn't talk, slurring speech, totally weak legs and body and it felt like razor blades in my body my breathing was tight and painful making my stomach burn I don't have no control over it I have to just wait until it passes then when it does I yawn a bit it's not right! It's so so painful it's un bare able.
I've noticed now I can wake up 90% fine but as soon as I start processing my brain can't cope and it shuts down on me I'm left with no cognition and in pain grinding out thoughts that physically hurt I have no mind power and as I'm having to tell myself to think I can't be aware so I forget about my loved ones I just can't cope much longer tbh it's horrible.

I wish I could go to work I'm a cognitive mess!! My brain can't hold energy is another way it feels as soon as I start to process bang it shuts down goes in to a coma I'm left in a complete mess with about 10% intelligence and processing and awareness and feeling emotions. Even smells don't register. It's horrible 8-(

---------- Post added at 21:06 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

When I wake feeling 90% I won't be in any pain either it's only as soon as my brain shuts down my bodily pains start usually in my lower body then up in to my spine then up
In to my head then my breathing and chest then I'm stuck in this state all day pretty much unless I click out of it or my body changes - not noticed anything that changes it - eating sweet or sugar has helped I just can not work it out. Why would anxiety be so painfull and physically disabling?

---------- Post added at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

...strange one but can you "burn" out your nervous system that's how it's physicaly feels like it's dead it's being deep fried it just can't handle anything at all my brain and nervs.

Pain pain pain cognitive mess that's all I am now - no life as I can't think of ideas or feel them I once was a gas engineer traveling the country earning 40k a year with loads of friends, funny, popular, great dad taking my kids out on days out, taking them out to restraunts now I'm lucky if I even remember I can talk to them or they exist I'm in that much pain and cognitive decline.

It shouldn't hurt to think, it shouldn't hurt to try to process a menu and read it and realize it, it shouldn't hurt to try to remember things. I shouldn't get nerve pain just getting up of the sofa to go in to the kitchen to get a drink. My nerves and body is a mess it's like living in hell I couldn't imagine a worst illness other than death.