PDA

View Full Version : Where do you feel your anxiety aches and pains?

Hazelnut
07-09-15, 23:36
Aside from the intermittent lightheadedness, I have been having migrating aches and pains in my muscles and joints - mostly in my chest, ribs, armpits, upper back and arms/hands. I have had the occasional soreness in my belly and leg, but experience most of my aches in the aforementioned locations. The pains are usually fleeting, but will recur in the same spots for a while. For whatever reason laying in supine position will often relieve my symptoms.

No digestive issues to really speak of. I have recently noticed a slight sore throat/tongue on and off. With the pains being so varied makes me constantly question whether they are really caused by anxiety.

Would be curious to see how anxiety pains manifest themselves in others?

MyNameIsTerry
08-09-15, 06:56
For me it's usually right sided and ribs/back. I have done a lot of tensing of the diagphram and for a long time I thought it might have been my breathing but I ruled that out (I have asthma) with some testing of my own.

I get acheing knees, wrists, hips, etc which has started the last few months but this isn't anxiety, it's something physical so I'm supplementing to see what helps and rubbing on magnesium which helps a lot. I also started with sciatica about 18 months ago, but it's not too bad now.

GingerFish
08-09-15, 09:34
My upper back mainly. I also feel it in my jaw, neck and chest but my upper back and shoulders are constantly agony to touch due to me tensing up and sitting and standing hunched.

Hazelnut
08-09-15, 12:08
Does anyone get anxiety pains below the chest? Is this normal?

GingerFish
09-09-15, 09:11
I get pains below the chest and I can never work out whether its coming from my stomach, bowel or ribs. I put the pain down to anxiety and GERD.

Princess23
09-09-15, 21:13
I have aches and pains in my wrists, forearms, ankles and shins, blood test and X-ray normal!! Will ask for an ultra sound but have read a lot on RSI .. Look it up just put in RSI warrior, as it is probably TMS, tension myosotis syndrome.. Give it a look ��

Hazelnut
09-09-15, 21:28
Wow - funny you should mention TMS! I only just read about it today when reading up on fibromyalgia! I've had 2 doctors tell me they think I could have fibromyalgia - but somehow I imagine my pain would be much worse based on others' experiences. Will be having my first ever acupuncture session tomorrow, and the acupuncturist is familiar with fibromyalgia so I'll see what her thoughts are. Will look up RSI now. :)