PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and overthinking it or something else?

yodascat
08-09-15, 07:50
Hi,,

I'm in my 20s, male and I've been battling GAD for a while.

Is it normal when peeing to start and stop several times?

Sometimes I can pee normally in one straight go but when I'm in teh shower or sitting on the toilet I'll pee a decent amount, then about 30 seconds later I'll be peeing a little more and so on....

Been pretty nervous about this - I think prostate cancer is unlikely but scared of the more sinister conditions out there like MS, ALS etc :(

Thanks!

MyNameIsTerry
08-09-15, 07:54
Anxiety can certainly make you go a lot and feel like you haven't finished so you come back a few minutes later. Add in a load of liquid, like say a pint of water, and you can find yourself going a few times quite close together quite soon after you drink it.

Being a guy, you can also find that when you are doing this when seated, you don't get all of it out. Thats not connected with anxiety, it's just commonly known for guys. It's the position and lifting your testicles can push it out.

yodascat
08-09-15, 08:03
Thanks mate. Just wondering if it's normal for me to be peeing in normal amounts but in bursts? (i.e. say we normally pee 300mL or so - is it normal to pee in say 200mL burst, then 50mL then 20 mL etc?) Because that's what I sometimes do :(

MyNameIsTerry
08-09-15, 08:34
I know with mine I can bursting to go but we wound up over something and be standing there literally forcing myself for several minutes to even do anything. when that happens you have to put your mind somewhere else to stop the obsessive thinking.

When I have periods like that, I can go in several bursts standing there but normally it's small, small, then a bit more, then finally...thank god!!!

Do you feel anxious when going? If so, it could be like my problem. See if you can put your mind elsewhere or relax your mind and see if then you go more in one go.

I find even when I'm not anxious thesedays, I will need to push more to start.

yodascat
08-09-15, 08:53
Thanks a lot buddy. I guess I'm going through a stressful time at the moment particularly with a lot of uncertainty in my life (I guess everyone feels this way to an extent?) And it's probalby just my generalised aniety disorder showing itself! :(

yodascat
11-09-15, 12:03
Sorry to post again, just me thinkgin abotu this again.

Do you think it's abnormal if I am able to pee like a decent amount of urine in the first go, then if I remain at teh toilet,I can pump out another 10 mL or so about 30 seconds thereafter?

Just getting super paranoid about this and how it could be Parkinson's or MS or a brain tumor :'(

MyNameIsTerry
12-09-15, 07:40
No, if you are anxious it is possible to do this. If there is pain or irritation involved then I would see a doctor in case it's some form of infection.

Do you feel that you have finished when you go and do the largest volume the first time? If not, or if you have some sensation like you still need to go, then it could be the stop/start you get when anxious. Obviously, only a doctor is ever going to be able to say for sure though.