PDA

View Full Version : Heart attack panic!

Peterthegreatworrier
08-09-15, 10:57
Hi. Ok, I've just got back from the GP to wholm I was inquiring about by recent constant experiance of shortness of breath, chest pain and tightness (also in my back) over the past few days, and after checking my breathing, heart sounds and blood pressure gave me the all clear with the ensurance that the symptoms are a result of my anxiety. at first I felt a little better, but know I keep thinking that this may not have been enough and that I am in fact in the midst of a heart attack as I speak:ohmy:. Should I trust the word of the GP? I am only 18 and I don't have any serious health issues (appart from upstairs!) or a family history of cardiac problems. I just need some reassuring to get my life back on track.
regards, Peterthegreatworrier.

countrygirl
08-09-15, 11:51
Heart attack in someone your age is unheard of. Cardiac arrest is also extremely rare as well.

Your pains and tightness are purely due to muscle tension due to anxiety as your Dr says, this muscle tightness also makes you feel like you can't breathe.

Simples!

Pepperpot
08-09-15, 12:44
All those symptoms you say are the ones I get. And I have had about 6 ECGs in 8 weeks lol. I get a tight pain in the centre of my upper back, and stabbing pains in my chest (normally on the right although they do occasionally come on the left). I also have an awful sensation of not being able to take a deep enough breath (if I yawn I can). x

Fishmanpa
08-09-15, 15:14
Hi. Ok, I've just got back from the GP to wholm I was inquiring about by recent constant experiance of shortness of breath, chest pain and tightness (also in my back) over the past few days, and after checking my breathing, heart sounds and blood pressure gave me the all clear with the ensurance that the symptoms are a result of my anxiety. at first I felt a little better, but know I keep thinking that this may not have been enough and that I am in fact in the midst of a heart attack as I speak:ohmy:. Should I trust the word of the GP? I am only 18 and I don't have any serious health issues (appart from upstairs!) or a family history of cardiac problems. I just need some reassuring to get my life back on track.
regards, Peterthegreatworrier.

See the above.

Positive thoughts

ricardo
08-09-15, 16:21
see the above,...... above :)

sdone
08-09-15, 20:07
I'm also young and have convinced my self I was having a "heart attack" many times. Anxiety does that to you. Just remember, if the doc had you tested and there is no family history, having a heart attack at your age is pretty much impossible. Heart attacks are generally the result of arteries clogging up due to buildup of plaque over the years, so at your age there is no way your arteries are sufficiently clogged up to cause problems.

Random tip, if you're not very active you might want to pick up a sport such as weight lifting. It tends to relieve anxiety and also make you trust the workings of your body again.

Peterthegreatworrier
09-09-15, 04:07
Wow, thanks guys! I didn't expect so many responses. I guess it's hard to believe that anxiety can cause such prolonged and scary symptoms. :welcome: