PDA

View Full Version : Why do I always think im going to have a heard attack!?

ReneeMD80
08-09-15, 19:23
Im new to this forum, now sure how it works but ill write what I am feeling and go from there.

Im 35 and I have constant worry im going to have a heart attack or stroke and die. I am constantly checking my face for signs of stroke or checking my pulse and blood pressure or I will literally push so hard on my chest I will leave bruises to make sure that I can feel it. Every ache or pain I have I think it is a heart attack. Now mind you, ive been to the ER 5 times for panic attacks, EKGS have come back fine, blood work has been normal. There are times I can see maybe having an attack from stress but its the one that freak me out when I am not feeling stressed. I have to figure out the underlying reasons as to why I feel this way. I can remember as far back as 10 yrs old and having a panic attack. I woke up not being able to breathe, chest pain etc. I just remember my mom putting me in bed with her and was bale to fall back to sleep. My next attack I was 22 yrs old and it happened at work. I went to leave sick and I literally could not walk. My legs felt like noodles. It was a horrible experience and it is just going all downhill since.

Am I the only one feeling like this daily?

sdone
08-09-15, 20:50
I suffered from intense heart attack fears for a while and recovered by cutting out caffeine, eating healthy and working out daily. Anxiety sucks.

catsandnaps
09-09-15, 11:22
You are not the only one! Heart attack fear is probably one of the most popular (errr... infamous?) symptoms of panic. I know many people who live with different degrees of anxiety, but I know zero people who have had heart attacks. I like the odds that what I feel is probably anxiety and not heart trouble.
It sounds funny, but you are completely normal in terms of what anxiety does. Even though what your body is doing feels so abnormal. And if you keep reading around on here, you'll see you're in good company!
Here is an article I really like, and I reread it often to help me understand my symptoms, maybe it can help you! http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/panicattack