PDA

View Full Version : Bump on roof of mouth

Traceypo
08-09-15, 19:43
Hi all, I've got a bump on roof of mouth, right side, can only feel it with my tongue, really worried and having a bit of a melt down.

sdone
08-09-15, 20:03
That's really nothing to worry about, everyone gets random small lumps once in a while without it being cancer or whatever serious disease you're thinking about. Could be irritation, small cyst, etc. Give it a few days to dissappear, if it takes too long then visit a GP to calm your mind.

Traceypo
08-09-15, 20:06
Thanks hun, been there a while but thought it was just a burn (always eating things that are too hot), hasn't really bothered me until now, can't keep my tongue off it. Did Google (smack my hand) and of course the worst case scenario is stuck in my head.
X

jackdobs
08-09-15, 20:09
Take it from someone who looks in their mouth with a light every day (ugh)...the mouth is constantly changing and little things are appearing...some stay for ages, some stay for a day, some look awful, some look weird, some are weird little patches...don't stress yourself to the point where you're so worried you're checking all the time because I'm there, and it sucks.

All the very best to you.

Traceypo
08-09-15, 20:15
Good luck jack, hope you can break your habit. Try putting in rules to reduce the self checking, for example, today I'll check my mouth 5 times, tomorrow only 4, write down what you find each time too. Anxiety is horrible x

jackdobs
08-09-15, 20:25
Good luck jack, hope you can break your habit. Try putting in rules to reduce the self checking, for example, today I'll check my mouth 5 times, tomorrow only 4, write down what you find each time too. Anxiety is horrible x

Thank you :) it's nice we have this forum to help reassure and comfort each other. You'll get through.