PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please tell me how to do this

Thatdude
08-09-15, 20:25
I've had GAD all my life apparently and I only realized this past year all because of my fear of swallowing.

I have overcome this fear I eat much faster (1/5th time) than I did since this thing started but my progress has fallen. I don't feel anxiety any more while I eat but I still do weird things...

I put my head down every time I swallow food. I can't swallow anything that feels bigger than a tic tac so it takes time for me to position the food in a horizontal line on my tongue and finally do a motion that I barely consider a swallow. I also need a sip of a drink every time I need to swallow.

I hate myself for this, I can't be normal can I. My friends have no idea what I go through on a daily basis because I eat privately. They don't understand why I never smile or enjoy anything. How could I? Every time I eat it feels like I'm being tortured. Please someone help me I can't keep living like this.

23tana
08-09-15, 21:06
Have you sought any help with this? Seeing a doctor would probably be the best course of action. It must be very difficult for you every day.

sial72
08-09-15, 21:38
I went through this. Once I accepted that it took me forever to eat and that I had to drink water and put my neck in a certain position...once I really accepted that and stopped thinking about it, it just kind of went away. There really is no other way that accepting it.
The more you hate yourself for it and think of it as torture, the longer it will last xxx

Dan1975
08-09-15, 22:41
I went through this. Once I accepted that it took me forever to eat and that I had to drink water and put my neck in a certain position...once I really accepted that and stopped thinking about it, it just kind of went away. There really is no other way that accepting it.
The more you hate yourself for it and think of it as torture, the longer it will last xxx

Now there's someone who knows what they're talking about

Pepperpot
08-09-15, 22:57
Hello :)
Oh I really feel for you - that must be awful. Have you told your doc about this cos surely there must be some sort of help for you?x