PDA

View Full Version : alcohol

silver blaze
09-09-15, 09:42
Hi
I have decided to cut down on my drinking and then hopefully stop it altogether, how long does it take to feel better with just the weaning off it?

Janey86
09-09-15, 10:53
Hi
I have decided to cut down on my drinking and then hopefully stop it altogether, how long does it take to feel better with just the weaning off it?

Hello,

I've severely decreased my alcohol take over the past two months - I used to have some wine every other night, and there was no doubt it was increasing my anxiety and affecting my medication (I take prozac, diazepam and zoplicone for insomnia.) I stopped drinking for 3 weeks and felt so, so much better - I'd definitely recommend a period of total abstinence. Now I have some perhaps on the weekend, and a glass of wine or two in the week - no binging. Give it a few weeks and I bet you feel so much better, less anxious and more positive. Janey

gregcool
09-09-15, 12:07
Depends on how long and how much your drinking has been.i myself drank alot and have cut right down to just sat night .i have the ocasional blip and drink on the friday to..but feel after a week i felt better.less blowted and les anxious.but if you have been drinking for a long time it may be different for you.and you may have withdraw from it,so your anxiety may spike for a while..stick to it,i have and you will feel better in time

Fishmanpa
09-09-15, 12:48
Hi
I have decided to cut down on my drinking and then hopefully stop it altogether

Best thing you can do for yourself and your anxiety. Good decision!

Positive thoughts