PDA

View Full Version : Now what :(

Xango
09-09-15, 12:34
Hi Guys
So last night about 3am I woke up feeling very weird. I felt sick, my arms and legs didn't feel like they were mine..almost felt spaced out..I don't know if it was a nighttime anxiety episode or what, I've never had one before. Now this morning I feel totally drained and weak, almost to the point I feel I will fall over if I stand up because my legs feel so weak.. My arms feel week and fatigued too. Now I'm starting to panic that something is seriously wrong. I have a phobic of doctors so really don't want to trouble them encase its just anxiety..I feel so muddled

girl20
11-09-15, 03:39
Hello..
First of all, I'd like to say that you are not alone. My first panic attack felt a lot like that. Don't worry, though. It gets better. It's been almost 3 years now since I had that first panic attack and I felt like that constantly for almost 6-8 months. It was terrible, but it does get easier. I went to therapy for some months and it helped me, but what helped me the most was my own will to not let the panic attacks take over my life.

During the first couple of years dealing with anxiety and panic attacks, I would constantly ask myself why I had to go through such a difficult experience. Today I look back and I'm almost grateful for all of this because it taught me how strong I can be.

You'll see the same will happen to you :)

If you need extra reassurance, you will always find a kind person here to help :)

Hugs