PDA

View Full Version : Recurring Anxiety

Riffraff
09-09-15, 13:18
I've suffered from 2 bouts of severe anxiety in my life, both of which effectively put my life on hold for a couple of years until they passed and with my life now more fulfilling in that I now have a wife and daughter that I love very much, I thought all those days were behind me. I've started suffering anxiety again in recent months and am struggling to cope both with the anxiety but also the associated low mood of having my life put on hold again. No matter how many times I suffer from anxiety or panic, when you are in a situation when it starts to bite again, I feel that this is the most powerful and uncontrollable wave of anxiety I have ever experienced and the memory of surviving before gets pushed back. Right now I am suffering constantly from weak legs, feeling disorientated, light headness, dizziness and most of all, from the constant awareness that this is happening and imagining how I can possibly cope in future situations with these physical symptoms. I've almost forgotten how this started but now my whole fear is based around the symptoms of fear. I know from previous experience that changing my outlook to become more positive was the key to my recovery. I wondered if anyone on here had any motivational recordings, you tube clips etc that helped you feel more positive and free from the constant cloud

venusbluejeans
09-09-15, 13:29
Hiya Riffraff and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: