PDA

View Full Version : Hi new here and suffering from gagging panic

panicmonkey
09-09-15, 16:57
Hi all, I've been struggling with panic since I was 10. It started as a fear of throwing up. I'm now in my mid 40's and have developed terrible panic with gagging and dry heaving. I just wonder if anyone has any ideas on how to stop the gagging. I am on prozac, klonopin and pheneragrin for nausea. At the current date I've been unable to eat because of the fear I will vomit from this gagging.
The gagging terrifies me. I don't want to be stuck in my house with this depressing life. Thanks for any help. I love people and want to be around them. I work in a public library and I love helping people. cheers everyone

venusbluejeans
09-09-15, 17:03
Hiya panicmonkey and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

panicmonkey
09-09-15, 17:08
Thank you so much! I look forward to meeting nice people who understand this crazy world of panic. We can have freedom!!! yay

Pepperpot
09-09-15, 20:17
Hello and welcome :)
I haven't personally come across the gagging fear before, but I am sure there will be someone on here who has. xx

sial72
09-09-15, 20:26
Hi there
I don't have that particular fear but I have had loads of others and for me there has only one way to overcome them, acceptance. Once I am fed up of a symptom and think...ok then, whatever...it then disappears xx

flisco
09-09-15, 20:47
hello

I don't suffer from that fear, but as PepperPot says you're bound to find someone on hear who can totally relate. Welcome to the forum- I hope you find it as useful as I have.
x

panicmonkey
15-09-15, 21:04
Thank you all for the welcomes! :) I hope everyone has had a peaceful day today even after a panic attack.

Looking forward to talking to people on here. I spent 4 years in CBT so maybe I can help a few people out. :hugs:

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 16:02 ----------

Great! I'm new to using forums...so sometimes I don't know how to reply. lol. I'll learn just like learning to overcome panic!! Yay. Let's all be freeeeeeee