PDA

View Full Version : Great advice for Ectopic/Palpitation sufferers

TW2000
09-09-15, 20:26
Hi Guys, I have suffered with ectopic beats, palpitations etc for a while. Largely due to having health anxiety fears over the last year.
I have just about got over them now. They still happen from time to time, when they happen I just accept them as being normal and that most people get them. Most people who have them don't even know they get them, they are just not anxious so don't feel them. Once you have had an ectopic beat and are anxious you automatically are on red alert for the next one, which makes the ectopic feel more pronounced. If you accept them as being normal and welcome them when they happen you will feel them less.
Knowing this helps me a lot.
I just wanted to say that I found a great video from a cardiologist based in York UK. He describes what is happening to you perfectly and makes you realise that these in most cases are completely harmless and that having anxiety can make them seem worse than they actually are. Check out his You Tube channel - Dr Sanjay Gupta

I think it will make you feel much better.

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:59 ----------

You tube channel York Cardiology - Sanjay Gupta

shifty75
09-09-15, 20:59
Hi, Thanks for that info..I will watch that video tomorrow being a fellow sufferer myself :)

Leah1971
10-09-15, 11:50
Thanks for posting that. This doc has quite a few videos. It's really good. I've started going through them. I'm feeling quite a lot better now about these ectopic beats. Thanks again :)

rsanchez
12-09-15, 04:55
Thank you for the youtube suggestion. Dr. Gupta explains everything very thoroughly and helps a lot!

PWO_Nathan
16-09-15, 18:08
I dare not watch this video :(

I had "Exposure" with CBT about my heart concerns. I convinced myself my heart was healthy, then watched some prat on This Morning saying about people dying from electrics of the heart issues.

missworry
16-09-15, 23:13
Thankyou for sharing this, I've already watched two of the videos as my ectopics are really bad at the moment, I'm going to try the magnesium pisolate he suggested but not sure if you can purchase in the uk, thanks again ��

Aaahhfreakout
18-09-15, 15:57
I dare not watch this video :(

I had "Exposure" with CBT about my heart concerns. I convinced myself my heart was healthy, then watched some prat on This Morning saying about people dying from electrics of the heart issues.

Dr. Gupta is a very calm and reassuring guy, he really seems to understand our concerns. :)

PWO_Nathan
20-09-15, 14:09
I watched few of his videos and immediately discredited everything he said (as I do due to my anxiety - anything bar "your doomed" is water off a ducks back for me :( )

I will keep watching the same videos over and over in hope that whats said will sink in this stubborn idiotic skull of mine!

Nath

AdamHH
23-10-15, 01:33
Thanks for the info OP! I thought it's another one of those "watch my video then pay me a lot of money and you will be cured in no time" things, but I was pleasantly surprised. This guy is very informative and reassuring, the videos reduced my anxiety, which is cool. I approve :yesyes: