PDA

View Full Version : Sever Panic Attack Leading to Weakness?

MayaH
09-09-15, 22:39
I've just had a severe panic attack that lasted about 10 minutes, with the buildup being five minutes before that. It started with me feeling very distressed and anxious over a past event that still affects me now. My chest started to feel heavy and I started to feel the attack coming on so I went over to my bed and took a paper bag out of my drawer (breathing into it before my breathing becomes shallow usually helps). While I was doing this I started to feel extremely dizzy and weak and at one point very sick so I lay down and continued breathing into the bag. I felt very disassociated too and I had to close my eyes. After about 8-10 minutes the attack was over and I felt I could get up (I was possibly distracted from it by the phone ringing!). After the attack I now feel really dizzy and weak still, my legs and head feel very heavy and at points I've been feeling like I might be sick although that feeling is better now. I also feel quite tired. Has anyone else experienced this? I've had two panic attacks today but this was worse than the first. I just feel very distressed by this. Anyone had anything similar?

Leah1971
10-09-15, 09:51
Hi Maya, yes I do. Having anxiety is very tiring. A panic attack takes a lot out of you. It's exhausting. Xo.

MayaH
10-09-15, 15:49
Hey Leah, yeah they totally suck haha! Luckily it was late last night so I managed to talk to some friends and then get some sleep which distracted me and made me feel OK. Although I'd done pretty well and hadn't had one for over a week and so I guess yesterday my body was like 'HA! Here's two in a row!' doing my best to deal with them though. Hope you're doing OK :) x

jayb1
10-09-15, 16:21
Yes they make you totally exhausted. Have quite a few a day. usually in bed by 6pm. Totally normal but horrible effect of panic

MayaH
10-09-15, 16:50
Mmmm they're not fun at all :(