PDA

View Full Version : please help me

emmalj0
10-09-15, 11:17
Iv not been on here for a while. Im worrying over my tonsils. Few months ago noticed one is quite big the other you can hardly see. Iv seen three drs all have said they look healthy and tonsils can be different in size. I made mistake of googling and reading peoples stories of tonsil cancer and some had no other symptoms other than enlarged tonsil. Im getting myself worked up that this is what it is. I dont smoke anymore gave up around 3 years ago drink occassionally. I know its rare and more often in older people im 32. Just wondered if anyone else has assymetrical tonsils.

thanks

countrygirl
10-09-15, 12:24
I have just had a gawp in my throat and i have one tonsil mucm much bigger than the other but I know that I have always had this from previous tonsil gazing! My larger on is also pitted as well. I was told this is due to that one tonsil having fought an infection at some time and the tonsil then stays large and the pitting is the afermath of infection.

Is this the first time you have ever looked at your tonsils because if so then like me its probably always been like that.

If you know for absolute certainty that this large tonsil is new then the bet thing to do is keep a watchful wait and maybe check again in acouple of weeks. Ifit was anything serious then it would continue to grow at a fast rate.

emmalj0
10-09-15, 12:40
Iv never really looked to be honest. Its not grown or changed at all in last few months iv noticed it and drs said looks healthy. Could have always been this was i havent a clue x

sial72
10-09-15, 14:44
As far as I know it is normal that they are different in size. I tried to look at mine but got TMJ snd couldn't open my mouth wide enough to see them lol :)