PDA

View Full Version : Struggling

LoriJ
10-09-15, 15:18
it's a long time since I posted on here but I could do with a bit of extra support at the moment. I used to have GAD/panic disorder years ago but after years of suffering, I gradually got over it. I went through a very stressful period and about 10 months ago I started having the odd iffy day here and there. From February this year it's been getting worse again. I had started to make progress but feel I'm slipping back again. I also have Graves' disease although my meds keep that under control. Any support would be very welcome.

ButWhy??
10-09-15, 15:54
Hi Lori =)

I have problems with my thyroid too, I'm not on medication (yet) but I have to really watch what I eat. Anyways enough about me!

What did you do to get over the anxiety the last time? Have you tried meditation by any chance?

I really wish I could reach out through the screen and give you a hug

:bighug1:

LoriJ
10-09-15, 17:02
Thank you. So do I !! Last time it took years. I was on various meds over the years but they didn't really help. It was just very veeeeeeerrrry slow progress. This time I have been doing some online therapy with meditation and was making good progress. A couple of days ago I went to check my bp and it was much higher than its ever been and it really freaked me out. I have a bit of health anxiety around having a heart attack. I feel I've slipped back now and lost quite a bit of progress.