PDA

View Full Version : Feeling sick with rash! Help please.

Dessy
10-09-15, 16:26
Hi all. I am a newbie with horrific health anxiety to the point where I stay up all night and endure panic attacks convinced I have every disease under the sun. It is truly awful. Anyways, I have had a chest infection and the flu recently and the doctor prescribed me amoxicillin but I finished that a few days ago. Flu is still lingering but I have now developed a rash all over my face, neck and chest like little tiny puss filled red spots (I do not have acne). I am feeling very flushed, nauseous (however, I am always nauseous due to constant panic), muscle aches, shakey and I have a headache. I cannot sleep and just want to cry. Contemplating taking myself to the ER or catching an expensive taxi to my parent's place as I cannot cope. Any advice or words of comfort would be appreciated.

bernie1977
10-09-15, 16:33
You need to see a doctor to get the rash looked at. Don't know what time it is where you are. Ring your doctors surgery for an appointment. Sounds like the rash could be a result of your body fighting a bad viral infection, I've had it before in the past. Or maybe the antobiotics caused it. Only a doctor can tell you.

Hope you feel better soon xx

Dessy
10-09-15, 16:38
I know. It is 1.35am in the morning. I guess I will just have to stick it out until the morning and try not to panic. Thank you.

bernie1977
10-09-15, 16:45
Do you not have an out of hours number to ring or a GP walk in centre?

Pepperpot
10-09-15, 16:47
How bad is the rash and has it come on suddenly?

Dessy
10-09-15, 16:51
We have a home service doctor but they usually take around 3 hours to get here and by that time I could just wait a few more hours and just call my GP. I also don't drive and am in too much panic to really move. The rash came on a few days ago but progressively got worse. Does this mean anything?

Pepperpot
10-09-15, 16:55
Oh I dunno - I'm not a doctor :)
If it hasn't come on suddenly and you don't feel any more ill than you have been, then try and get some rest and ring your doctor as soon as he's through the surgery door :) x