PDA

View Full Version : tiny black bits on toilet paper

imfineokay
10-09-15, 21:43
Hi all, I know this sounds pretty discusting but I have tried to put it out of my mind but im still anxious.
Back in December I was diagnosed with piles and I still have them (bright blood in stool). But im not anxious over that im anxious about the fact that Ive found tiny black bits on toilet paper after passing stools.my stools look normal (just the occasional blood from my piles but that is all). Does everyone find black bits on the toilet paper sometimes?

Pepperpot
10-09-15, 21:53
Hi,
I have piles and the red blood but have never noticed black bits. Are you sure its black?

imfineokay
10-09-15, 22:17
I believe so, but its so hard to tell as the bits are very small

---------- Post added at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:01 ----------

I don't think its a symptom of piles though

---------- Post added at 22:17 ---------- Previous post was at 22:02 ----------

Ugh, oh dear. I literally dont know.

venusbluejeans
10-09-15, 22:25
yep I do, mainly when I am wearing black trousers/underwear

imfineokay
10-09-15, 22:27
No not that lol, I mean from the actual stools. The black bits from the stools (they are tiny).

2Anxious
10-09-15, 23:03
Does it happen every time? It could be a scab from a fissure/piles. I've had little bits of black things on toilet paper before and I always assumed it was a scab.

Either way I'm pretty much certain it's nothing to worry about but tell your GP when you next go.

imfineokay
10-09-15, 23:06
Its just every now and then. I have Only found it on the paper. Have you had this happen to you a long time ago or was it recent?

2Anxious
11-09-15, 00:04
Its just every now and then. I have Only found it on the paper. Have you had this happen to you a long time ago or was it recent?

It's happened a few times in the past. I can't remember when it last happened, I don't take much notice anymore. It could be something you had eaten. Blueberries can cause it.

Again, I'm usually not one to tell people everything is ok when it might not be, I'd rather be honest, but this really doesn't sound like anything to worry about at all.

We all know how anxiety can grip you so if it is bothering you just tell your GP, get a phone consultation if you don't want to go in.

imfineokay
11-09-15, 00:10
Thanks for the advice. Been searching fourms and found out loads actually have this and are perfectly fine. I think il just forget about it just like what im trying to do with my other worries.:yesyes:

adam4little
11-09-15, 17:39
Do you eat a lot of green vegetables. My GI told me this was iron I was seeing.

imfineokay
11-09-15, 20:07
Yep I do eat a fair amount, could be it.

---------- Post added at 20:07 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

Its happened to you?

Cags48
23-09-15, 12:37
Do you eat seeded bread or eat a lot of seeded fruit or maybe black pepper corns