PDA

View Full Version : Days merge, unhappy, tired

Petersmith2015
11-09-15, 10:30
I don't really know why I am writing this, I suppose I just want to reach out.

I drink, in the evening from 9pm, about 3 double whiskeys, it makes me relaxed and I will sleep. Every day I am unhappy, do not see positives in life, fear pain (back issues) feel like life just carries on and days merge. Constantly tired. never smile.

So you say don't drink, well believe it or not, I can do it, I have gone a whole evening and not drank, but sleep I cannot, and at 2 or 4am faced with another day its a whole lot easier to have a drink, a lot of its psychological I think. Been to docs many times, sleeping pills, whats the point you cant be on them forever, they have me on enough anti depressant drugs already, so adding in Mirtazapam just didn't seem a good solution. I have tried Valerian Root, meditation and various other things, but I cannot break this cycle.

help :-(

BrokenSteve
17-09-15, 21:41
I don't really know why I am writing this, I suppose I just want to reach out.

I drink, in the evening from 9pm, about 3 double whiskeys, it makes me relaxed and I will sleep. Every day I am unhappy, do not see positives in life, fear pain (back issues) feel like life just carries on and days merge. Constantly tired. never smile.

So you say don't drink, well believe it or not, I can do it, I have gone a whole evening and not drank, but sleep I cannot, and at 2 or 4am faced with another day its a whole lot easier to have a drink, a lot of its psychological I think. Been to docs many times, sleeping pills, whats the point you cant be on them forever, they have me on enough anti depressant drugs already, so adding in Mirtazapam just didn't seem a good solution. I have tried Valerian Root, meditation and various other things, but I cannot break this cycle.

help :-(

Hey, I have my problems with sleep as well and sleeping tablets certainly aren't a solution long term... however neither is drinking each night it's not going to do you any good I hope this doesn't come across as condescending but exercising at night can help and I stay awake until about 5AM every night for the past two weeks and there's nothing stopping me going a walk or a run before bed to maybe tire me out a bit however depression's a cruel bitch and she tends to suck the energy out of you I guess it's about overcoming that cruel bitch and making a step to exercise.