PDA

View Full Version : Why do we keep finding things?

imfineokay
11-09-15, 13:34
I have been thinking about this for a while, all of the sudden since my health anxiety ive found so many things that I think is wrong with me. Each of these scary symptoms that I have people would reccomend going to the docs. But how could there be this many things wrong?! Its impossible!!! Then i found out loads of people are like this. Its weird how when you dont have anxiety you rarely find anything to feed you're worrying. I just wish that I could be as positive and as fearless about my body as I once was. Then again this what everybody wants right? Everyday my brains telling me you could be dying of mouth cancer, skin cancer, colon cancer, pancreatic cancer and so on. Its just so ridiculous. Anyways im going to CBT soon and I was wondering if this teaches you to stop worrying about every minor detail of you're symptoms?

lele19
11-09-15, 14:06
I was just thinking this this morning - I finally got rid of some of my health and worries AND THEN my heart does this terrifying and strange new palpitation that I've never experienced before. FFS!!! In the last few months I've already had like 2 ECGS, a 24 Hour Holter, a Cardiac Event Monitor AND I'm booked in for an echo in a few weeks time - but I'm now terrified that this new arrhythmia is of course life threatening and that it's been missed because no one has ever caught it on an ECG before. Does it ever end?? And I'm meant to be going on holiday this week :(.

I feel your pain.

imfineokay
11-09-15, 14:48
As one worry goes another worry takes its place. Its a vicous circle thats so hard to break. But its possible. We'll be fine, just gotta be positive.