PDA

View Full Version : So tired, like brain is half asleep

rsanchez
11-09-15, 15:45
Hi everyone. So I just got into work an hour ago, and about 15 minutes ago I felt like I got an overwhelming feeling of tiredness sweep over me, almost like a tired attack. It feels like my brain is half asleep, and like half of it is literally blocked (it's a weird sensation). I'm also feeling clammy.

Admittedly I haven't been sleeping well at all but this tiredness is concerning me very much, and I'm getting very anxious. Anyone have experience with this?

Mark_P
11-09-15, 17:07
Haha "tired attack" i like that. I think the anxiety is probably perpetuating because you haven't had much sleep. I personally know how it feels to feel very anxious due to lack of sleep, it isn't nice at all. On top of this you having to work long hours and it can all be a lot to deal with if you aren't getting adequate rest. I would see if you can buy some kind of relaxation pills, similar to "Kalms" which is a brand we have in the UK. I find they do relax me when i feel anxious. THey aren't a miracle cure of course, but how about camomile tea too? if you don't drink that then give it a go and see if this helps you to sleep better. Lack of sleep is a powerful thing, and not in a good way! It can really cause havoc with your body. If these things don't work, i would suggest going to the doctor and asking his opinion, maybe he can prescribe you something to help you sleep better. Sorry i cannot be any more help :unsure:

rsanchez
11-09-15, 17:54
Like a panic attack is sudden panic, tired attack is sudden tiredness. :)

I'm going to see my doctor about trouble sleeping, but the appoappointment is in weeks which feels like an eternity when I'm having trouble now.

No need to be sorry at all, you helped plenty!