PDA

View Full Version : Having a bad couple days and trying not to panic!

jadedreams
11-09-15, 19:28
Hey everyone, been dealing with GAD and intrusive thoughts since April (well this round, the very beginning was 10 years or so ago). So anyway I had a really good week or so and then a couple days ago my intrusive thoughts and anxiety started rising again.

I'm trying not to panic (not doing too well) and just treat this as a hiccup. I am dealing with lots of fears right now though like : not getting better, medication fears, small injury to foot I'm worried about, worried I will be like this forever, etc. Having somatic symptoms too, ibs, chills, hot flashes, nausea, yuck.

Any tips for me please? I thought I was doing so well and now feel discouraged... I know I am better than I was back in April when this really kicked in, but the fear is getting to me.

Thanks everyone.

sial72
11-09-15, 20:07
Hi Jade
I always recommend the same because it was so helpful to me, Claire Weekes books and exercise (in my case swimming). Hope you feel better soon xxx

jadedreams
15-09-15, 16:50
Thanks Sial, I have done some reading of her book "Hope and help for the Nerves." It makes a lot of sense just having trouble applying it. I'm getting wound up in the fear of having anxiety, anxiety about anxiety.

sial72
15-09-15, 17:02
Mmmm, yeah, that is a right drag. Exercise is sooo goid for that, clears the mind and burns off excess adrenaline. Could you give that a try? X