PDA

View Full Version : Cough Symptom - Advice Appreciated.

reddevil
12-09-15, 16:21
I started with a cough two weeks ago, especially when I talk at work, which the conversation ends up in coughing fits.

After one week, I went to see a doctor, he told me it could last 2 to 3 weeks but if it is the same after one week, come back for antibiotics / x-ray

Yesterday I went back and it was a different doctor, which he sent me for an x-ray and gave me some MOMETASONE spray.
He checked my chest, neck and I had to blow into a tube etc.

I got to the hospital this morning for my x-ray and the nurse asked which antibiotics are you taking, which I replied "none".
The nurse then then said the form says that you are on antibiotics and again I replied "nope".
She carried on with taking the x-ray and said results will be 10 days.

So, I'm now worried I should be on antibiotics and why has he given me this spray?
Do I have lung cancer?

If you could give me some advice I would be appreciated.
I have tried several mucus over the counter treatment and there appears to be no mucus coming up, appears a dry cough I think.

Greenman50
12-09-15, 17:03
A cough for 2-3 weeks does not mean lung cancer !

I had a dry tickle in my throat for 6 months and a bad cough it was blood pressure tablets causing it .

Will be just a virus or somtehing simple but better to get checked out

countrygirl
12-09-15, 19:07
I once had a cough lasting 6 months and it was just like yours, if I spoke I coughed. It came and went over the 6 months and was purely a virus that has left my cough reflex hyper sensitive.

If the x ray shows up infection of bacterial origin then your Dr will give you antibiotics but otherwise they would be useless and just contribute to the massive antibiotic resistance that is a big problem now.

Ring your surgery in a couple of days to see if result is back.

reddevil
14-09-15, 15:19
It's hard to think of nothing else but lung cancer - dry cough still present.

reddevil
28-09-15, 15:07
Update

Blood test come back fine today.
Chest x-ray came back fine today.

Told to give it another 2 weeks then lung tests?

Kind of still worried.

Greenman50
28-09-15, 22:00
Update

Blood test come back fine today.
Chest x-ray came back fine today.

Told to give it another 2 weeks then lung tests?

Kind of still worried.

Great News :yesyes:

Just a thought are you on blood pressure tablets ? , some give you a cronic cough been there .

reddevil
29-09-15, 11:43
Hi,

I'm only on sertraline for anxiety.

Red