PDA

View Full Version : headache week 5 and no better

mattyjp
12-09-15, 19:49
Hi all I've had a headache and eyepain for 5 weeks now, my brain ct scan was clear blood tests clear and had a eye test today which was also clear. My doctors are saying it's a tension headache but I keep thinking brain tumor and so so scared.

bernie1977
12-09-15, 19:59
If you had a brain tumour it would show on a CT scan

mattyjp
12-09-15, 20:52
That's what the doctors told me, I have pain around my eyes and eye sockets and my nose clicks when laying down.

countrygirl
12-09-15, 21:40
The nose clicking is a sign that you could have sinus trouble which itself can cause eye and face pain. I always get nose clicking when my sinuses are gunky usually with me after a cold or with a sinus infection.
Def accept that you do not have a brain tumour as this would have shown up on CT.
Did you tell your Dr about the nose clicking as if you haven't please do so as you might find that sinus medication helps enormously. In the meantime try steam inhalations to help clear any mucus in your sinuses. Worth a try.

mattyjp
12-09-15, 21:50
Thank you I will tell the doctor about my nose clicking could that also cause mu headaches

Leah1971
13-09-15, 06:28
A sinus infection can give you very bad headaches for sure. It's all connected. Try not too worry too much since you've had all those major tests to clear yourself of anything sinister. Maybe some Advil or Nurofen will help? They're anti-inflammatory so should help reduce any sinus swelling and associated headaches.

GoWhiteSox
13-09-15, 19:26
sounds like alot of inflammation ..i had clicking too..i suggest asking for a prednisone pack ive been on it for two days and its done wonders

---------- Post added at 18:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:22 ----------

methylprednisilone actually