PDA

View Full Version : My story so far.. 4 months

Soggy
13-09-15, 11:36
I'm back, after a little break away but let me start from the beginning

My (what I'm still not sure is) anxiety started 4 months ago, I booked a luxury holiday the year before but leading up to going away I started having physical symptoms and was convinced I was poorly - lump in throat, pain in my should blades and generally feeling of queerness.

So I started on Prozac, which initially made me feel better but after 3 weeks I had a funny turn and visited a different doctor who attributed it to labrynthitus - so this went on for about a month with me still feeling dizzy, nauseous and panicked by my symptoms

I had blood test that all came back fine, so no infection and no cause of my symptoms.

So this is where i am now .. Last week I had another funny turn which I've now identified as a panic attack, but the constant symptoms of now hot flushes, headaches, anxiety, dizziness and being always on edge is now so debilitating that I can't even go to a restaurant or a shop - I just sit at home and get more and more depressed about not being able to do anything.

To top it off in got to have an operation in 2 months time and I'm terrified.

I'm considering going back on the Prozac now I've identified the original turn as a panic attack -

Anyway thanks for reading this, I just need to get this out there and make a decision that will help me move forward.

23tana
13-09-15, 16:33
Do you think it's possible that all your anxiety originally stems from the reason you are having an operation? Good luck with that.

Your doctor is the best person to advise if you need Prozac or anything else, even if it is short term to get you through the op.

sial72
13-09-15, 16:44
I didn't know Prozac was good for anxiety, have you tried alternatives to bring your anxiety down?... exercise...mindfulness...

sammie13s
13-09-15, 16:50
Prozac is great for anxiety.. It worked like a dream for me. I was on 20 mg and I was anxiety free for 3 years. I was diagnosed with labrynthitis afew months ago. And let me tell u I no how u feel. I felt drunk 24/7. I was bumping into things. The nausea made me had to make myself sick. I'm still have dizzy problems. Not as bad but it's still there and sometimes wipes me out again. Big hugs xx

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

I also no afew people who swear by prozac for anxiety xx