PDA

View Full Version : Do you also freak out over non-health issues?

nj
13-09-15, 12:36
If I weren't fretting over health, I've had panic over things like storms, solar flares, flying, driving over bridges...is it all just a case of disastrous thinking?

sial72
13-09-15, 14:13
Well, in a way yes. It is always that "what if" thinking, always thinking the worst case scenarios...xxx

swgrl09
13-09-15, 15:13
Sometimes ... health is the worst for me, but I also can worry about work a lot too and about being "good enough" at work. I have had many sleepless nights ruminating over that.

I used to get very anxious over family issues, but have put a LOT of work into that through therapy and am much better in that respect.

---------- Post added at 10:13 ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 ----------

There are lots of different "negative" thinking patterns. Catastrophic thinking is always thinking the worst. Mind-reading is making assumptions about what others think about you. There's also all-or-nothing thinking. There are many others, just can't remember the names right now. I haven't had my second cup of coffee yet!!!

GingerFish
13-09-15, 17:42
Yes though my health anxiety is the worst out of my fears. I always think of the worst case scenario about absolutely everything. I am going on a spa trip in a fortnight and all I can think of is "what if we crash on the drive down?", "what if my family take ill while I am away" etc. Its very draining.

emily67
13-09-15, 18:06
Yes though my health anxiety is the worst out of my fears. I always think of the worst case scenario about absolutely everything. I am going on a spa trip in a fortnight and all I can think of is "what if we crash on the drive down?", "what if my family take ill while I am away" etc. Its very draining.

that's me to a t

always thinking of the worst possible outcome

Dynamito
13-09-15, 18:40
I don't think i am as bad as some people, but i do worry excessively. Anxiety is draining for sure. I had been free of anxiety for a long while until recently, or at least had it under control, but it's come back again. I go through stages and my anxiety is certainly sporadic to say the least.

countrygirl
13-09-15, 19:58
I realised that my health anxiety is all to do with control because I get the same panic with anything that I feel I have no control over.

pj67
13-09-15, 20:34
Health is worst for me but I'm also bad at worrying about accidents, so make my family phone me when they get somewhere if they are driving any distance, that kind of thing. Very tiring!