PDA

View Full Version : about me

emily67
13-09-15, 14:49
hi.

i wanted to post a little about me, so that everyone on the forum knew who i was, and likewise.

my name is emily, and i live in the UK. i'm a bipolar sufferer, and i'm also agoraphobic (and have social anxiety)

it's a struggle for me... 1 of the things for me is that support is limited- so called family and friends want nothing to do with me, and it makes it really difficult.

let's see... what can i say about myself that's positive

well, i love watching movies. i love watching drama and romance films- oh yeah, and i have a great sense of humor

at times i find myself making jokes about things without even knowing that i'm doing it (which can be rather amusing because i'll think later, oh yeah, that is kinda funny!)
i love music. music goes everywhere with me. my fave singer is michael jackson, (and was devistated when he died!)
as for why i joined this forum, well, i admit i was looking for an email support group (they are smaller and easier to use) but i joined because, well, because i feel like my life is being taken away from me because of all this mental illness, and i hate it- i hate knowing people who have made so much out of their lives, and i can't even get through colledge (it's a bit of a horrible thought, knowing how much of my life is void!)

i also joined because i need support- if my family and friends arn't going to help me, i need something. and that's why i came here- to talk to people going through the same thing as me, to learn skills, to share experiences, that kind of thing

actually found this site by searching "agoraphobia email lists"

so yeah.. i'm a little bit random, a lot of serious, and.. yeah. i'm just me.

so hi

venusbluejeans
13-09-15, 14:56
Hiya emily67 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

23tana
13-09-15, 16:26
Hello Emily :)

I hope you find the help and make the friends on here that you want. It is a very friendly site.

I'm agoraphobic with social anxiety and physical health problems. I find it hard. It's great that you are so positive about yourself.

sial72
13-09-15, 16:32
Hi Emily and welcome
You'll meet lots of nice people here, there is s penpal section, that might be a good place to find people to correspond with xx

emily67
13-09-15, 17:00
hey all,

thank you for the wonderful welcomes.

hope to see you all around and get to know you more

Majwales
15-09-15, 11:55
Hi Emily welcome to you :)
I've just joined also have agoraphobia and and can relate to a lot of what you said. I'ld be happy to email if you want to message me. You seem positive all the best to you x

emily67
15-09-15, 12:02
Hi Emily welcome to you :)
I've just joined also have agoraphobia and and can relate to a lot of what you said. I'ld be happy to email if you want to message me. You seem positive all the best to you x

thank you

and welcome to to the site!

:)