PDA

View Full Version : comedians

emily67
14-09-15, 09:40
hi all,

does anyone on this forum like comedians?

i find them a great distraction (especially the really funny ones)

i recently discovered 1 called dave gorman, i've never laughed so hard in my entire life. (he is just able to make a joke out of anything in life and he's hilarious!)

if you don't know him, you can watch him every tuesday night on dave (for about an hour), or search him on amazon.. he's at least 2 dvds i know of

i also like jason mamford, lee evans, victoria wood, and even live at the appollo is good to watch sometimes to discover new tallent.

oh yeah, and i adore russel howard too

MyNameIsTerry
14-09-15, 12:18
Yeah, I love comedy. There are plenty of comedians that I can watch on TV but I also really love comedy series. Pretty wide ranging e.g. Bottom, Coupling, The Detectives, etc and the panel shows like Mock The Week. QI, 8 Out Of 10 Cats, etc.

Dave Gorman is good, I've seen his show on Dave a few times. I used to like Jack Dee years ago (still do), but a lot of older comedians too like Dave Allen, Eric & Ernie, etc.

Laughing picks you up and it's better than sitting serious or bored if you aren't feeling great.

emily67
14-09-15, 14:07
Yeah, I love comedy. There are plenty of comedians that I can watch on TV but I also really love comedy series. Pretty wide ranging e.g. Bottom, Coupling, The Detectives, etc and the panel shows like Mock The Week. QI, 8 Out Of 10 Cats, etc.

Dave Gorman is good, I've seen his show on Dave a few times. I used to like Jack Dee years ago (still do), but a lot of older comedians too like Dave Allen, Eric & Ernie, etc.

Laughing picks you up and it's better than sitting serious or bored if you aren't feeling great.

commedy series... yes, some of those are great!. in fact, i'm a bit of a fawlty towers fan (always makes me laugh!)

then of course fawlty towers led me to watch monty python (the dead parrot sketch is hilarious)

also love only fools and horses and poridge (i so want to see the sequel, going straight)

are you being served?. is another good one.

more recently, little britain made me laugh- as did several episodes of kathrine tate (the grandmother is hilarious)

MrAndy
14-09-15, 14:22
john bishops show is good ,he has a lot of unheard of talent on and they are really funny

pulisa
14-09-15, 17:02
I like One Foot In The Grave and Victor Meldrew............and I'm not THAT old:winks:

MyNameIsTerry
15-09-15, 04:59
Yeah, I like Are You Being Served?, Porridge, Only Fools & Horses, On The Buses, Fawlty Towers, etc. Classics. The films that some of them did were good too.

Pulisa - I love One Foot In The Grave too. Timeless. With that are your "bring back the quill" comments people may wonder :winks:

blue moon
15-09-15, 09:00
I like Open Slather very funny:D

pulisa
15-09-15, 09:00
Un-be-lievable! At least quill pens were reliable-all this new fangled technology just gets my goat:D

I like Harry Enfield and will be going to see his live show with Paul Whitehouse in November

MyNameIsTerry
15-09-15, 09:07
Ah, Harry Enfield be was funny. The randy grannies, the old gits, the slobs :D

You could always meet half way and have a stylus in the shape of a quill :yesyes:

MrAndy
15-09-15, 09:22
i love the might boosh ,its very marmite but strangely funny

GingerFish
15-09-15, 09:50
I saw Lee Evans live at The Hydro last year :) great gig though the venue was massive and I was right in the middle of a row and the venue was sold out so you can imagine how scary and uncomfortable it was who has agoraphobia! I made it to the last 10 mins of the show. Looking back I am kicking myself for not staying for the last ten mins but I made it for nearly 2 hours before leaving.

My all time fave comedian would have to be George Carlin. I love his dark humour. He was an absolute legend.

My fave comedy shows are - Rab C Nesbitt, Still Game, Father Ted, Gimme Gimme Gimme. Oh I love The Mighty Boosh too!

emily67
15-09-15, 10:29
i love the might boosh ,its very marmite but strangely funny

you might try " luxury commedy"

it also has noel fielding in

some of it's strange, but it can be good

second series certainly beats the first

MrAndy
15-09-15, 10:39
you might try " luxury commedy"

it also has noel fielding in

some of it's strange, but it can be good

second series certainly beats the first
thanks never heard of it,you dont see Noel Fielding on tv much recently

ricardo
15-09-15, 11:29
It is interesting that a fair number of comedians were in private, depressives,alcoholics and generally very insular people.

Tony Hancock,Mike Yarwood,Eric Morecambe,Spike Milligan,Kenneth Williams, to name a few.

emily67
15-09-15, 11:41
It is interesting that a fair number of comedians were in private, depressives,alcoholics and generally very insular people.

Tony Hancock,Mike Yarwood,Eric Morecambe,Spike Milligan,Kenneth Williams, to name a few.

i never knew that

but then i suppose it sort of makes sense... they use jokes/ laughter to get away from it all

never thought of it like that

MyNameIsTerry
15-09-15, 12:14
The IT Crowd was good. That had Noel Fielding in.

Didn't some of them do an offbeat one in a hospital? Kind of a spoof of the old US ones?

I loved Father Ted.

Perfect World was good too with Paul Kaye.

pulisa
15-09-15, 12:28
I can't stand Noel Fielding and have never been able to "get" The Mighty Boosh. I know it's an acquired taste though.

I like Simon Brodkin aka Lee Nelson the Chav. He used to be a GP but wanted to branch out into other comedic avenues:D.

blue moon
16-09-15, 00:34
Lot of comedians on here.:roflmao:

Fishmanpa
16-09-15, 01:10
I love comedy, from silly to dark and everything in-between. I like Jimmy Carr... he's a sick pup ~lol~ My wife and I have been watching Fluffy as well as Louis CK and the classics...

Positive the funny thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
16-09-15, 04:24
I love comedy, from silly to dark and everything in-between. I like Jimmy Carr... he's a sick pup ~lol~ My wife and I have been watching Fluffy as well as Louis CK and the classics...

Positive the funny thoughts

Yeah, I like Jimmy Carr too.

If you like black comedy, you would like The League Of Gentlemen.

emily67
16-09-15, 10:40
yesterday i watched monty python- in particular the dead parrot sketch

hahahahhaaa it's hilarious!. if you've not seen it..

blue moon
16-09-15, 11:08
Kevin Bloody Wilson,he is very rude but funny:D

emily67
16-09-15, 14:40
Kevin Bloody Wilson,he is very rude but funny:D

oh he is!

some of his songs are funny, some are just.. their. not funny at all- just songs.

i love the christmas one he did (you know the one i'm talking about), and a couple other titles which i can't say aloud on this forum lol

Fishmanpa
16-09-15, 14:53
yesterday i watched monty python- in particular the dead parrot sketch

hahahahhaaa it's hilarious!. if you've not seen it..

"No, no... it's resting" ~lol~

I've been a MP fan since the original show was on PBS here on the states (many, many years ago!)

Positive thoughts

emily67
16-09-15, 14:57
"No, no... it's resting" ~lol~

I've been a MP fan since the original show was on PBS here on the states (many, many years ago!)

Positive thoughts

have you seen any of the MP movies?

the holy grail one.. i can't remember it's actuall title, but it's so funny

and life of brian

swgrl09
16-09-15, 16:07
I love Amy Schumer ... Can be a bit vulgar, but hilarious and smart!!

Fishmanpa
16-09-15, 16:07
have you seen any of the MP movies?

and life of brian

I've seen every movie (have them on DVD) as well as having the TV show collections. Big fan of Python... :)

"No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
16-09-15, 23:15
Emily, I love the holy grail one.

"What is your name? "
"What is your favourite colour? "
"What Is the airspeed of a swallow?"

The French with the "I fart in your general direction"

The bunny guarding the cave.

Then there is life of Brian with "are you the peoples front of Judai? "

:roflmao:

Fishmanpa
16-09-15, 23:49

As I said, I'm a big fan of MP... I remember turning my kids onto Monty Python and the Holy Grail about 12 years ago. They were young teens at the time. We watched and laughed all through it. There are just so many classic bits... The Black Knight... The knights who say Nii... Bring out your dead.... three questions... The killer rabbit.. Is there not a scene that's not funny?

Anyway... We watch the movie and my daughter says, "That was really funny but what's the point?"... I answered "Exactly!" ~lol~ They're brilliant!

Positive thoughts

blue moon
17-09-15, 03:48
Emily I put CD on for you.....his first one about the cat....lol know matter how many times you listen to it always have a good laugh:D