PDA

View Full Version : New member - old anxiety!

qwertypert
14-09-15, 10:43
Hi Guys,

Been trawling the internet through forums and decided to actually sign up to one and post to hopefully have some support with my issues and perhaps be able to offer some back to others.

I have suffered from heightened anxiety since i was around 11 but I just didn't know it was an issue that I could get help with! My mum passed away when I was 14 and I was offered anti-depressants by the doc but I came from a family that were very 'stiff upper lip'.......so never actually took them.

Fast forward a few years and I have left home, running my own small business and going through a rough break up - anxiety and depression is through the roof! I went to get all sorts of help from any source as I was feeling suicidal and ended up walking into a&e to get some help - finally accepted sertraline which was amazing after the side effects wore off. I was on them for a year or so but they were eventually acting as a sedative so I took myself off of them.

I was fine for a few months and then work got super busy and super stressful and I ended up in hospital after a suspected heart attack which turned out to be a panic attack....I put myself forward for more cbt and the therapist suggested i talk to my doc about beta blockers and citalopram. I am now on both and waiting for my cbt to be put in place and battling with the early side effects, including depression, anxiety, burning up and suicidal thoughts....

So here I am, a brief story of me to date!

Jay

emily67
14-09-15, 10:46
hello, and welcome to the anxiety forums.

i'm new too (joined yesterday afternoon)

i hope that we both find this forum a good place to be. i do like it so far

venusbluejeans
14-09-15, 10:48
Hiya qwertypert and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

sial72
14-09-15, 10:55
Hi Jay and welcome!
Don't be hard on yourself, you WILL get through this...you have come to the right place for support xxx

qwertypert
14-09-15, 11:01
Thanks for all the fast welcomes! I feel like i have come to the right place :)